Review by TopaAzul062 -- Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
TopaAzul062
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Favorite Book: The War of the Worlds
Currently Reading: Relic
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Review by TopaAzul062 -- Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by TopaAzul062 » 15 May 2019, 19:35

[Following is a volunteer review of "Debt Cleanse" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Looking at the title alone, one might view this book as gimmicky and too good to be true. In actuality, it’s a blueprint for bringing chaos – your debts – to order. With that said, you will need a great deal of patience in order to move forward.

Debt Cleanse: How To Settle Your Unaffordable Debts For Pennies On The Dollar (And Not Pay Some At All) by Jorge P. Newbery is like a breath of fresh air. Much like Chammas’ The Employee Millionaire, Newbery breaks down everything into manageable terms for all to understand. The author covers a variety of debts that one may have and includes resources to further assist with each one.

Each chapter cites a series of publication sources that feature in-depth documents that tie-in to what the author is currently discussing. In addition to the publications, the author also references some useful government publications along with their source number for easy reference. Newbery even takes the liberty of sharing his website throughout the book.

When compared to some others that do the same, you’re already hitting the ground running as you’re given a sampling of what the site has to offer along with why it’s worth your time. Not all the information discussed will be everyone’s cup of tea. When all is said and done, you’ll just have to agree to disagree.

I really like how the author provided clear explanations on each debt and how they got straight to the point without using fillers and fluff. You are given an abundance of resources to utilize in addition to a supportive community waiting in the wings. Though valuable, the book isn’t perfect.

In fact, my only dislike about the book is some of the suggestions in regards to handling some of the debts. Even with that, Newbery’s Debt Cleanse gets 3 out of 4 because it actually gives you the information you need to wrangle debts and leaves the jargon at the door. Compared to other debt help books, this one is worth re-reading.

This book is great for individuals looking for a comprehensive guide on effectively dealing with debts; be it minor or major. Definitely not for those who focus on the negative to the point of missing the big picture. If you can focus on the positive information presented within the pages of this book, then you will gain a lot of know-how in handling debts without worry of stress.

Debt Cleanse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TopaAzul062's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

esp1975
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by esp1975 » 21 Jun 2019, 12:50

I really liked the tools and the step by step nature of how to deal with different types of debt. Sadly, his website is not "as advertised" in the book (I went over to it to check it out, since I'm a bit a of personal finance nerd), and forces you to pay money for legal services to even join. That disappointed me greatly. But at least the book is very well referenced, so people can use it to find the documentation they need.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”