Review by T_stone -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by T_stone -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by T_stone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is a self-help book that serves as a guide for readers who want a transformation and enlightenment. It's a spiritual memoir published in 2016 by the author. Richard used his spiritual teachings and personal experiences to pass his message to readers.

This book has four parts. In the first part of the book, My Story, Richard talked about his background and the experiences he had in childhood that made him seek a deeper understanding of the teaching of Jesus Christ. He grew up with many questions about the Christian faith, which led him through a lifetime journey to being spiritual. In his quest to seek knowledge, he traveled to the United States, Ecuador, and Japan.

In The Path, the second part of this book, the author gave readers detailed meditation techniques focusing on consciousness; he came up with them. He further explains the workability of the techniques. Here, he used “Isness” to suggest we all are a part of one entity. He also talked about the relationship between consciousness and mind frequencies. In the third part, Daily Unfoldment, the author talked about consciously taking care of the body to acquire the best state of health for self-coordination. Soul and Spirit, the last part of this amazing book, talked about unconditional love, and the totality of Richard's thoughts and practices. This part will have readers thinking about life critically.

This is a very enjoyable book. Richard's spiritual teachings and life stories are very commendable. His Tao Te Ching background and Lao Tzu quotes also made the book interesting. He used different writing styles to pass his message across; they were concise and descriptive. His narration was engaging and filled with humor. This book is moderately paced and easy to comprehend. I didn't dislike anything about this book.

In the twenty-two chapters of this book, Richard talked about the physical, spiritual, and metaphysical aspects of life. I believe this was possible due to his high level of experience and knowledge. However, it isn't surprising because the author was awarded a license of Masters in four Samurai arts and “Sotai-ho” meaning traditional healing modality. He accomplished all these in fifteen years. That's an extraordinary and commendable feat by him.

I was most intrigued by chapters thirteen, fourteen and seventeen. In chapter thirteen, Richard advised those who have practiced meditation, and currently practicing it to continue so they can prevent derailing from their spiritual path. In fact, this chapter will encourage those who don't practice, to start. In chapter seventeen, Richard talked extensively about the physical state of readers. This chapter will make you take conscious effort in caring for your body. In the fourteenth chapter, he talked about dance therapy: dancing to ease restlessness and anxiety, turning it to a state of exhilaration. The Unbound Soul touched various themes such as peace, health, love, fear and, wholeness.

This is a well-written book. It is thought-provoking with no grammatical errors. It deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating. I recommend it to those who practice martial arts and readers who are conscious of their spirituality. Lovers of self-help books will also love this book. However, readers who don't believe in spiritual meditation may stay away from it.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like T_stone's review? Post a comment saying so!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

Your well-written review makes me want to read this book, especially the sections on meditation. Great job!
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

I have thought about trying to learn to meditate to still my mind - this book sounds like it will help me get started! Thank you for the nice review!
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Prisallen wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 12:05 Your well-written review makes me want to read this book, especially the sections on meditation. Great job!
Thanks for stopping by.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

allbooked+ wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 16:34 I have thought about trying to learn to meditate to still my mind - this book sounds like it will help me get started! Thank you for the nice review!
Thank you for your comment.

Rob White
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I agree that this was an enjoyable read. I did find that some of the situations Richard found himself in were a bit questionable though. Thank you for reviewing!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

This sounds like a good book too read. I am a fan of religion and it will definitely work out good on me. Thanks for sharing

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”