Review by Quickstudy -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Quickstudy
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quickstudy.html
Latest Review: Why can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Review by Quickstudy -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Quickstudy » 10 May 2019, 16:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

]The Biblical Clock[/i]
By Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

The authors of this book attempt to paint a complete picture of the Biblical Timeline. As a result, telling the story of life on earth. The foundation of the timeline is based on the Jewish canonical text.The book takes the reader on a trip through history, faith, and creation of the world we live in. This book wrestles with the first 24hrs of creation among other thought provoking ideas and to some undeniable facts.

The Biblical Clock(Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon) is a captivating and mind expanding story. Each story, although fiction is relatable, informative and detailed. The stories touch on subjects that are at times, impossible to explain in a clear voice. Such as, the destruction of ancient cities or the steps taken for ancient text and their authors. The authors graft the canonical text and The Bible's old testament to further the understanding of the two. The book also leads to the End of Days and what may occur. The authors attention to the detail and interpretation of the canonical text is apparent in the arrangement and telling of each story. The use of these stories conveys the canonical message in a clear voice. The stories brought the authors ideas to life. Many of the text and ideas felt familiar and foreign to me. However, the characters of the stories drew me into their struggles, hopes and beliefs.

This book appears to be written for a certain audience. Although Christian believers share some Jewish beliefs, it would be hard to convince most that this book relates to them. I found the book to be a head first dive into Judaism and how the faith views the world and their place in it. Prior to reading this book, I had no idea such a vast amount of ancient text existed and supports the beliefs of these believers. The book is a wealth of information and knowledge of Jewish beliefs. I found myself searching the internet for text and how they correspond with the creation of the Earth. Overall, I found this book to omit the concrete proof needed to convince me of the authority of the text and how they relate to the story of life on Earth.

This book gave me insight and a brief history of Judaism. Reading this book helped me relate to the believers of this faith and their traditions. Which helped me understand, how the bold argument that science and Judaism agree on the timeline of the creation of the Earth. An idea that is provocative and controversial. While reading this book, I fully embraced the concepts to obtain a true understanding of the message within.

What I liked least about this book is the lack of inclusiveness. The book speaks to those who share the Jewish faith. Furthermore, the book was not a easy read with the terminology used. What I liked most about the book, is the conveying of the faith's foundations through stories. Stories that helped me see the world through the eyes of Jewish believers. As a result I rate this book 3 out of 4. I did not find any grammatical errors. Which helped the ease of reading this book. I didn't rate this book a 1 or 2 because the book is well written and helps in understanding the Jewish people. I did not rate this book a 4 because the book is not inclusive and may not appeal to everyone.I would recommend this book to young people who want to further understand all faiths and religions. I would also, recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good story.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Quickstudy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 28 May 2019, 01:31

I thought I'd get insight on Judaism by reading this book. But, it seems to be written for those who share Jewish faith and already know the basics. I think it would be too hard to follow the writings. Because of this, it doesn't appear to suit me. But, thanks a lot for your insightful review.

Quickstudy
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quickstudy.html
Latest Review: Why can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Quickstudy » 05 Jun 2019, 06:45

Thanks for reading my review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”