Review by ferry flawless -- The Excoms by Brett Battles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
ferry flawless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferry-flawless.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by ferry flawless -- The Excoms by Brett Battles

Post by ferry flawless » 10 May 2019, 01:08

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Excoms" by Brett Battles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Excoms is an incredibly cool novel written by Brett Battles.

The story starts with the formation of a committee that had missions to accomplish. There were seven main members named after seven days of the week. Monday was the leader of the team and had to recruit five other members who would go with the missions more closely. Dylan, Liesel, Rosario, Ananke and Ricky were chosen to carry out the job. Each one had been previously involved in some dangerous task and were on the list of being caught or dead. Their first job was to free six kids from the hold of the kidnappers and that wasn't an easy task.

The enemies of the Committee were constantly trying to put hurdles in their way so that at the end of the mission, the committee would collapse. They had two members inside the committee who were giving the bad guys secret information. One of the suspects was Tuesday. The question is will the five talented persons be able to safely bring the children back to their parents? And will the committee be able to find the bad guys before the committee collapses?

This novel seems to be a masterpiece of Brett Battles. One cannot have much more glee than reading The Excoms. Each and every part of the book was amazing and such well written that one can never get bored. One of my favourite parts was the history of the recruited members and how they came to be a part of the committee. The talents of each member were the coolest and their work made the story appealing. The best parts were the small fights between Ananke and Ricky.

I can say that there wasn't a part I didn't like in the story. Also, each and every character was charming in his or her own way. Apart from that, my favourite character was Ricky because he had a way of having fun in the most difficult times and had a skill to bring the joke out of everything. Shinji was my favourite as well because he was excellent at hacking into everything.

I say the book deserves an excellent rating so I give it 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited, best written and fault proof. People who read detective novels would love this book very much. I personally feel that this book is a huge success and I give it a thumbs up.

The Excoms
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ferry flawless's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”