Review by Life In Books -- Beneath the Muscle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Life In Books
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-life-in-books.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Review by Life In Books -- Beneath the Muscle

Post by Life In Books » 06 May 2019, 06:04

[Following is a volunteer review of "Beneath the Muscle" by Lauren Powers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Beneath The Muscle: Unleash Your Inner Champion by Lauren Powers is a self-help book written from the perspective of the author’s personal life experiences. Lauren Powers is a world-renowned female body-builder from California. She has had her fair share of struggles in life which she discusses in this book along with a lot of positive messages.

Lauren describes her childhood days at the beginning of the book and you get to know that she has been a go-getter from her early days. She has explored various professions in her life but has been determined about whatever moves she has made. She shares her various professional experiences, few of them would be working as a salesperson for a suntan company, a firefighter, and finally ending up in the body-building profession at the age of forty. She has faced a lot of challenges in her life right from her childhood days. She has even been through a phase in her life when she was addicted to drugs and alcohol but later came out of it strongly. You would get to know a lot about her life and her experiences in this book which could be helpful for you to stay uplifted and take better decisions in life.

I loved the words of wisdom that Lauren Powers shares through this book. The contents are well-organized. The chapters begin with a related quote from eminent personalities. There are some positive and wise takeaways for everyone in each chapter. You would get access to a workbook (divided into chapters as per the chapters in the book) where you can write down about your own lives and keep a track of it.

I did not find anything negative in this read. It feels that I could always come back to this book whenever I need some motivation in life. Personally, I could not connect to just one of the points mentioned by Lauren in this book, which talks about always staying ready to try new things in life. I would not say that there is anything wrong about it, but I feel that I should stick to one occupation in my life and try to attain the expertise in it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The editing is done impeccably. I would suggest this book to everyone; there is something positive to learn for all kinds of people. Lauren Powers has shared her experiences open-heartedly. It seems she has given much thought behind the wise suggestions that she gives in the book which could help you a lot in your daily lives.

Beneath the Muscle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Life In Books's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”