Review by Chikari -- Inspirience: Meditation Unbound

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Chikari
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 42
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
fav_author_id: 2544

Review by Chikari -- Inspirience: Meditation Unbound

Post by Chikari » 05 May 2019, 14:35

[Following is a volunteer review of "Inspirience: Meditation Unbound" by Richard L Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L. Haight was a pleasure to listen to using the Audible version. I've read Haight's The Unbound Soul which is what made me so interested in this audiobook in the first place. The audiobook is just under four hours long. Haight chooses to narrate his own book here but does a great job! His pacing is pleasant and made it easy to take in the information presented.

This audiobook is intended to help the reader incorporate meditation techniques into their everyday lives. It starts by describing the basics of meditation and why they can impact your life. It then transitions into explaining how to use these meditation techniques as a guidance system that you can use throughout your day. Haight's goal with this book seems to be to help the reader use meditation to bring purpose and meaning to their life.

I liked the pacing and structure of information in this audiobook a lot. I also think it's a wonderful length for an audiobook. I was able to split listening to this book into two sittings easily. It could even be listened to in one sitting if you'd like. Some of the meditations presented are ones you could do during normal activities. For example, focusing on gratitude and being mindful of your actions. I think we often think of meditation as an act that takes 20 minutes or more and must be the sole focus. Haight suggests that it is much easier to incorporate meditation into your daily routine than you’d think. There wasn't anything I particularly disliked. It was a great listen that provided an abundance of information.

I would recommend this audiobook to anyone who enjoys the topics of meditation, spirituality, and self-development. This would benefit people of all ages, but its target audience is definitely adults. Since this is an audiobook, there were no grammar errors to notice. I can say that his syntax and diction were wonderful. The information is presented in a clear to understand way.

For the reasons listed above, I am giving Inspirience 4 out of 4 stars! I also really enjoyed how Haight's information is largely from his own experiences and not a specific religious or spiritual tradition. I feel that it makes his advice easier for people from all walks of life to implement. The step-by-step meditations are also nice in the audiobook format because they basically turn into a guided meditation. I would recommend this book to everyone as I think there is something here for everyone!

Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Chikari's review? Post a comment saying so!
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**

Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 45
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 57
2018 Reading Goal: 40
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 127
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f**k
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Missed Memories by Alan Baker
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter » 19 May 2019, 14:14

I actually love that this is in audiobook format. It just seems so much better to have someone dictate the book to you while you can put some of the examples into practice.

This is a great review - thanks so much!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss

Chikari
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 42
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari » 19 May 2019, 20:44

Bianka Walter wrote:
19 May 2019, 14:14
I actually love that this is in audiobook format. It just seems so much better to have someone dictate the book to you while you can put some of the examples into practice.

This is a great review - thanks so much!
Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by! :)
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”