Review by Ayanfe4luv -- 30th Century: Escape (General Au...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ayanfe4luv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayanfe4luv.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Ayanfe4luv -- 30th Century: Escape (General Au...

Post by Ayanfe4luv » 01 May 2019, 15:51

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" by Mark Kingston Levin PhD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The fate of humankind’s survival anchors on the shoulders of Jenifer Heros— head of the SS. Working with trans-time scientists and special forces she deploys Kylie Brown her trusted childhood friend to lead the mission of correcting the Syndo's moral values. Centuries were visited as the mission platoons divided travelling back in time to centuries that shaped the future they are in. She discovered she had been trapped in a past timeline of escape. How did she survive her arrival and where did her extraordinary strengths and brilliance comes from? Did she make it to her lost comrades dispersed into different centuries? The 30th century.

Although the nature of genre of this book is dubbed 'science fiction', I saw it as a mix having fictional opening laced with an adventure exploring transition, suspense, cool characters evolving as well as moments of nudity. I read this book in about 5 days.

I was so glued to the opening chapters as I read voraciously wanting to know what was next on the SS' plate. I would have enjoyed the story more if the trans-time machine was not one way and if Jenifer did not come to this present century accidentally. A bulk of the writing detailed survival, getting an identity, getting a PhD in archeology and physics. In my personal opinion, the culture she meets is as disorienting as it is interesting; the character have multiple names, all of which are used interchangeably; well the details of the futuristic technology was not confusing.

We speak of the 30th century here; I was disappointed by the transition of science fiction into sensuality and the enigma for love. Two unmarried people have sex in many brief scenes in bed and bathroom. The writer's language was sexually arousing "... her nipples erect...”. This story contains approximately one use of the word F— other scenes were described with detailed sex foreplay to the end. Bisexuality and homosexuality was rather hyped by the writer.

I especially appreciated the introduction of another Jenny, which was hopeful to the story and giving a return into the world of fiction. The way Jenifer adapted to the century she found revealed that the intuition to adapt somehow innately is always passed from one generation to another. I also love the subtle introduction and the beautiful picture of life in the regions of Hawaii and Polynesian Islands.

“I won today! I wanted to show you, Can I show you my ...?” Amanda said.
Jennifer hugged the girl. “Come in, please. I am proud of you”. “Yes, sit over here so you can play your disk on ...,” Jennifer said. This shows that motherhood is an intuition that century cannot steal from humanity.

I rate the book 30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin PhD 3 out of 4 because it was properly edited and entertaining. It was not fictional enough I would say, as details of archeology and physics does not convince me enough to make me give it 4 out of 4.

In my opinion, this book would appeal to fiction, romance genre lovers and those who love storylines that tells about survival and science discoveries. Scenes of nudity, homosexual (lesbianism) and heterosexual make out reoccurs so be advised about advancing to read those with sexual preferences other than these aforementioned.

30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ayanfe4luv's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”