Review by flaming_quills -- A Roadmap To Career Success

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Review by flaming_quills -- A Roadmap To Career Success

Post by flaming_quills »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Roadmap To Career Success" by John G Bendt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

John G Bendt’s A Roadmap To Career Success is a short guide on how to improve your chances of getting the job you love right from high school and over the course of your university years. The target demographic for this book, as you can tell, is high school and university students but I believe it can help anyone looking to improve their job prospects. The book is divided into nine chapters each one detailing specific actions aspiring university students can undertake to improve their viability on the job market.

The book is also littered with tips, all of which add up to 25 in total, with some of my personal favourites being: ‘the best time to start exploring your occupations is when you enter high school’ and ‘highly developed soft skills play a big role in creating competitive advantage’ and ‘you must persuade the employer you are the best qualified for the job’. Bendt gives very good advice in this book and the way in which he does it is very mindful of the audience it is intended for.

One of the things I really liked about this book was they way in which it was structured. Firstly, it wasn’t too long. Everything about the way Bendt wrote spoke of conciseness and simplicity which is greatly appreciated by younger people who may not have as great an attention span. He was also very succinct and gave his advice in short sentences that conveyed his message effectively. He was clearly very passionate about helping the younger generation increase their prospects on the job market.

I also liked that he used his children as an example. He spoke of how he gave them the same advice he gives the reader in his book and holding them to the same standard that he would have held himself had he had someone to guide him in the way as he’s guiding them. There’s something very powerful about a person who practices what they preach and I was very pleased to see that he trusted his methods enough to employ them on his own children.

I couldn’t find anything I really disliked about this book and it may be worth mentioning that I thought this book was exceptionally well-edited; I found no grammatical or spelling errors and all diagrams contained in the book were well labelled and carefully drawn with exceptional attention to detail. I would like to commend the author on this and encourage more of this in his subsequent works.

I chose to rate this book 4 out 4 stars simply because I could find no problem with it and enjoyed it thoroughly. As a university student myself, I would definitely recommend this to aspiring and current university students, it will really help with acquiring a job and preparing yourself for the process of securing a job. I don’t think there’s anyone I wouldn’t recommend this book to, it’s important that everyone reads it and learns from what the author has to say.

A Roadmap To Career Success
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like flaming_quills's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”