Review by Rvarma85 -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rvarma85
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rvarma85.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Rvarma85 -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Rvarma85 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrift by Charlie Sheldon is a beautiful heart wrenching story about a group of sailors who are abroad the container ship, Seattle Express, and are forced to abandon their ship when it catches fire. The quest for survival, leads Steve the captain of the ship to make a very important decision that is to abandon their ship midst adverse weather conditions and very rough seas. “All I could see was water, spray, rain and snow. The seas were at least 30 feet high and came one after the other. I steered before the wind and hoped for the best. If help found us, they’d throw a line and we’d be towed for hours, if not days, behind a small tug or ship to sheltered waters, everyone in the lifeboat cold, seasick, and filthy. At least we’d be alive.”

On the other hand we see Larry and Louise the owners of the Warhorse prepare a team to get across the open ocean and salvage what remains of the burning ship. The success of this operation might help them to revive their own business, which has fallen on hard times. However, it is not that easy as other high speed tugs sent by Buckhorn Corporation, owner of the Seattle Express is also after the same course.

Overall, I have enjoyed this tale of hope, humanity, and survival. This book has been written from a character’s point of view and Sheldon has very delightfully expressed the emotions and traumas each of his characters face during the cause of the journey while being adrift or being on land. The writer captures your attention right from the beginning and leaves the readers craving for more. It’s like watching a movie and the anticipation grows as the readers gets to know the characters better during the course of the narrative, as it is fast paced and enthralling.

The thing, I liked most in this book was how William kept his crew entranced with the tale of Sarah. This gave them hope for survival and putting their minds off the immediate threats that they were facing. Steve’s determination to find and rescue the rest of his crew members is quite admirable, prevailing that humanity is still present in the society. Overall I have really enjoyed reading this book, with only exception to its sudden ending as I was obviously craving for more. Nevertheless, it only heightened my imagination.

I will give Adrift by Charlie Sheldon 4 out of 4 stars in view of the beautifully written tale of hope and survival which has touched me intensely. Even though I have no experience of the sea, I have really enjoyed reading the book as there were only a few typo and grammatical errors. I will recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an adventure.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rvarma85's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”