Review by reneelu1998 -- The Witch of Endor: Vampires

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by reneelu1998 -- The Witch of Endor: Vampires

Post by ReneeBrown »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Witch of Endor: Vampires" by RK Wheeler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“I am the Maid of Shadows, the Lover of the Night. I am Vengeance. I have become Death. I cannot die, my love, because I’m already dead.”

The Witch of Endor: Vampires by R.K. Wheeler is a unique, paranormal, romantic, and action-packed novel that will leave you breathless. I have never read anything like this before. The author masterfully combines Ancient Greek gods, creatures, and fables with biblical characters and places, weaving both worlds into one seamless plot.

I absolutely loved the main character, Lilith, who is beautiful, strong, ethereal, calm, and powerful. She speaks to the dead and is artful in the work of dark magic. When she falls in love with Lamech, a vampire cursed with the Curse of Cain, she is more than willing to be turned if that means she can be with her lover for eternity. They are both shocked, and Lamech disgusted, when their first child is an unexpected creature. Medusa, in fact.

Soon hunted by a rage-filled super vampire with control over the werewolves, Lilith must do all she can to protect her child and her coven. The villain is a perfect match for the main character. He is terrifying, despicable, and seemingly unstoppable. Thrilling and gut-wrenching until the end, The Witch of Endor will leave you wanting more.

I absolutely loved the ending of this book, as it left me itching to pour over the next book, and leaves it wide open for the sequel. The dialogue is phenomenal, old Victorian style, and captivating. One critique I would give is I wish there would have been more fleshing out of some of the side characters because I was so curious about them. However, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of how superb and unique of a novel it is. This book is clearly professionally edited, as I did not notice any grammatical errors. The beginning is a bit graphic at the beginning, but becomes less so towards the end. For this reason, I would recommend this book to older teenagers and adults.

The Witch of Endor: Vampires
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like reneelu1998's review? Post a comment saying so!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I read and reviewed this story as well. And, like you, cannot wait for the next installment- I have to see how several of the plots come together. Lilith was indeed a strong female character. Can't wait to see how Medusa and Paleus fair in the sequel. Great review!!
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

This would not normally be the kind of book that I would reach for but your review has left me curious! I think that I would enjoy it.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I love books with strong female characters and your review certainly makes me want to read this book. Well done!
Nadine Forsberg
Currently Reading: The Land of Stories: Worlds Collide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadine-forsberg.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Nadine Forsberg »

I am intrigued. It sounds like a really interesting book. I bet the whole books takes a turn when Lilith gives birth to Medusa!
Quickstudy
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quickstudy.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Quickstudy »

This book is the kind of story you can lose yourself in. Your review demonstrates you truly enjoyed the book. Due to your amazing review I will be reading this book.
Thank you, for a great review.
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

Bluebird03 wrote: 05 May 2019, 10:57 I read and reviewed this story as well. And, like you, cannot wait for the next installment- I have to see how several of the plots come together. Lilith was indeed a strong female character. Can't wait to see how Medusa and Paleus fair in the sequel. Great review!!
Yes! It was such a cliff-hanger with Perseus and Lilith too!! There is just so much to look forward to. Thanks for the comment!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

allbooked+ wrote: 05 May 2019, 11:21 This would not normally be the kind of book that I would reach for but your review has left me curious! I think that I would enjoy it.
Yes, I wasn't really sure if I would like it at first, but the storytelling is so good and the plot is so intricate that it left me wanting more! Thanks for the comment :)
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

Nadine Forsberg wrote: 10 May 2019, 07:49 I am intrigued. It sounds like a really interesting book. I bet the whole books takes a turn when Lilith gives birth to Medusa!
Yes, her having this monster-child really brings out a motherly side to Lilith, even though she is a vampire, she still has strong motherly instincts. Thanks for the comment!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

Quickstudy wrote: 10 May 2019, 08:39 This book is the kind of story you can lose yourself in. Your review demonstrates you truly enjoyed the book. Due to your amazing review I will be reading this book.
Thank you, for a great review.
I am so glad you'll be checking this book out! I highly recommend it and don't think you'll be disappointed. Actually, I think by the end you'll be on the edge of your seat! Thanks for the comment!
ReneeBrown
Currently Reading:

Post by ReneeBrown »

Prisallen wrote: 10 May 2019, 07:28 I love books with strong female characters and your review certainly makes me want to read this book. Well done!
Yes, Lilith is one of those rare, truly strong female characters. Thanks for the comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”