Review by juaningning_19 -- 30th Century: Escape (Genera...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
juaningning_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juaningning-19.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review by juaningning_19 -- 30th Century: Escape (Genera...

Post by juaningning_19 » 22 Apr 2019, 14:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" by Mark Kingston Levin PhD.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The first book of the 30th Century trilogy series is called 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition). It is a science fiction book written by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.

The story begins with the main character, Jennifer Heros, the captain of Trans-time One mission, who has the initial plan to travel from 30th century to 27th century. Together with the team, they are going to plant a virus to reform the Syndos( a machine-like people) for them to save the Naturals(human). Due to her personal reason, she abandoned the Secret Society Team. She goes back instead to 21st century, year 2015 specifically, to mourn the death of her husband, Zexton Ho, the inventor of the time machine. She hopes that her team could modify the Syndos’ sense of morality without her.

Consequently, she found herself in the Moruroa Atoll. After more than four months of being alone and stranded in the island, a group of researchers and students from Hawaii rescued her. But Jennifer formulated a plan to act as amnesiac to cover up her past and create a new identity. She met a lot of people after the rescue from French Polynesia to Hawaii. The storyline tackles her intelligence, strength and sexual orientation.

I admired the author’s broad knowledge of science and technology. Nowadays, the science fiction books are very popular wherein almost all of the books have the same concept. So, I found it no distinct aspect when it comes to science fiction books. At first, the story was exciting and interesting. But, as the author went deeper to the character, it became too obvious. The story had no continuity of interest in the middle part of the book. Although, the idea of time machine in different centuries was incredible and explicit, the storyline became stagnant. Even the climax had no suprisingly scene that would skipped a heartbeat of the reader.

On the other side, I opposed the erotic and multi-sexual scenes. I would like to warn the audiences who dislike erotic and multi-sexual books. If you are conservative, then don’t read this. There was no shocking event that would bring goosebumps to the audience. The ending was a bit disappointing. I think it is better to leave the audience with suspense and dramatic ending so that they might want to read the next book of the trilogy series.

Generally, I would like to give this book a rating of 2 out of 4 for creative and imaginative future concept. But, this book is not for all, especially kids and teenagers, because it might bring different view of sexual orientation to them.

30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like juaningning_19's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”