Review by Amy+++ -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Rom...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Review by Amy+++ -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Rom...

Post by Amy+++ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance" by Morris Rollins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is for all types of men, from the Nice Guy to the Tough Guy or the Sharp Guy to the Smooth Guy if you are any of these men and you are having trouble with any variety of woman from Good Girls to Bad Girls, or any woman in between, then, The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance, by Morris Rollins, may be able to help you get the woman of your dreams by being the man of her dreams.

This book was a quick read with only 64 pages and covered a variety of topics, from types of men like; Nice Guys and Tough Guys, and types of women from; Good Girls, Bad Girls, and Blondes. The book also covers how men should dress depending on where they are going, and how body language can say more about you than words ever could when you are meeting someone new. The book also had a lot of pictures and illustrations to go with each topic and was clearly labeled. As for my dislikes, I don't have any. I found this book to be humorous as it is one man's opinion on how to attract women and some of his tips and tricks on meeting these women are-well, they made me roll my eyes from time to time. I'm old fashioned, and when I meet someone, I prefer that they just be themselves, because eventually, that false facade will come down.

I only found two errors in the book, too much space between sentences. Since the book is only 64 pages long, I found these two errors to be acceptable. I applaud the editor or editors who worked on this book. They certainly knew what they were doing when they were editing this book.

Due to my above reasons about this book, from how I find it humorous to the number of errors within. I am going to rate The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance, by Morris Rollins 4 out of 4 stars.

I am recommending, this book to a more mature audience of at least 18 and up, as this book talks about sex and how to romance different kinds of women. Men, who are not so lucky with the ladies may find this book useful, or at the very least, funny as they continue their search for romance. I for one am glad that I did read this book. It was nice to get a man's point of view of what men think women want them to be. Would I date a man like any of the men listed in this book? Hard to say. I have never come across these types of men before, but when I do, I will know what to look out for.

The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Amy+++'s review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I liked your synopsis of this book. This book is not for me, but I will keep it mind to possibly recommend to others. Thanks for the compelling review. I enjoyed it.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

The sections on body language would be interesting. And I think I would also enjoy reading what a man thinks a woman wants to see in a dating partner. Great review!
Amy+++

Post by Amy+++ »

Bluebird03 wrote: 06 May 2019, 08:50 The sections on body language would be interesting. And I think I would also enjoy reading what a man thinks a woman wants to see in a dating partner. Great review!
Thanks for the comment. I hope you enjoy.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

This might be one of the better recommendations I have read: Men, who are not so lucky with the ladies may find this book useful...

Nice review...funny to see into the mind of a man on how to best attract women. I'm with you...just be yourself.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Funny how the labels for women are good girls s, bad girls and blondes. This sounds hilarious but I don't think this is for me. Thanks for your review!
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

For one I am curious to know more about the author's advice to chauvinistic men on romance. Great review, I enjoyed it.
Ub43I59
Favorite Book: For the Love of God
Currently Reading: The Judge
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Ub43I59 »

The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins: A road map to achieving the woman of your dreams by being the man of her dreams, may result in "social eunuchs" as Man and Woman struggle for control of life's continuity...sexual prowess, in the guise of romance, remains a necessity in the male-female interaction as is the adage "spend your money on yourself" :o Comedy indeed. Detailed review. Congrats on BOTD.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

I'm not sure I would have picked this book to review. After reading yours, I would read it, if for nothing else but to get another male viewpoint. It sounds like it ends up being pretty hilarious. Thanks for your candid review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

I think the only reason I'd read this book is to see what men see. That in itself would be humorous. I like your review and I cannot agree with you more in that, we should just be ourselves.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

It is nice that satire can still find a place when talking about the sexes. I probably would not have picked up this book but your review is making me reconsider!
Jlbaird85
Currently Reading: Lift you up
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlbaird85.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Jlbaird85 »

Thanks for the great review! The title captured my attention and made me want to see what this book was about. It sounds like it could be a good read for those that are looking for a little extra help in the dating department.
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts

Shakespeare-As You Like It Act II, Scene VII
Amy+++

Post by Amy+++ »

Mantha1 wrote: 24 May 2019, 14:07 For one I am curious to know more about the author's advice to chauvinistic men on romance. Great review, I enjoyed it.
Thanks for the comment.
Amy+++

Post by Amy+++ »

allbooked+ wrote: 24 May 2019, 18:32 It is nice that satire can still find a place when talking about the sexes. I probably would not have picked up this book but your review is making me reconsider!
Thank you so much for the kind comment.
Amy+++

Post by Amy+++ »

Chrystal Oaks wrote: 24 May 2019, 15:31 I'm not sure I would have picked this book to review. After reading yours, I would read it, if for nothing else but to get another male viewpoint. It sounds like it ends up being pretty hilarious. Thanks for your candid review!
I appreciate you saying that. I was a little sceptical at first about this book, but then once I started reading it, I couldn't stop laughing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”