Review by Agnes098 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Agnes098 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

i]The biblical clock[/i] links science and scripture. The aim is to prove that science and scripture do not contradict. Many Scientists believe that the creation of the universe is through the big bang theory, which, appears to contradict with the creation of the universe through Genesis. As a result, Friedmann and Sheldon provide evidence that the big bang theory does not contradict the Bible. In case you have been asking yourself questions like: what is the age of the universe? Look no further because the biblical clock has answers for you.

The biblical clock is divided into three parts where each part is divided into chapters. Part one is titled 'the beginnings and timelines'. Part one has six chapters: beginning from chapter one to chapter six. The beginnings and timelines is not a subtitle by chance but, in this part, Friendmann and Sheldon discuss the age of the universe both scientifically and biblically. They include the details pertaining to the calculations of the age of the universe. Different scholars are utilised as references to back up each suggestion, argument and point. Did God really create the universe making it look older than it really is: just like a pair of jeans in the 21st century? Questions like this will be discussed in this part of the book.

Part two is titled 'the end of days'. As compared to part one, part two has four chapters which begin from chapter seven to chapter ten. Within this four chapters, authors make it clear that, according to the Bible, it is prohibited to calculate the end times. They say, "we can't afford the default date, but we see the pattern". It says to me that, even if we disobeyed and calculated the end times, we can't afford the exact date. After all, the last days are predetermined yet God has the power to haste it. Part two continues to reveal the patterns that indicate the nearness of the end times. These patterns include the final battle, the return of the exiled Jews and the building of the third temple.

Lastly there is part three. Compared to the previous two parts, part three has two chapters. This part of the book is titled 'beyond the timelines'. Part three of the biblical clock is mainly focused on day six of the creation day. The creation of Adam and Eve is discussed in details; from existence until the time when they were chased out of the garden of Eden.

I liked it the most when Friedmann and Sheldon give the readers a choice. Firstly, the authors outline the few possibilities that surround the age of the universe. Then, they let the readers decide on the possibility that agree more with their intuition. That is whether the universe is really 13.8 billion years or it was ready-made making it look older than it really is just like a pair of jeans in the 21st century. The other thing I enjoyed about this book was how well Eve represented the modern woman. Most women in love would probably do the same thing as Eve did driven by the fear of losing their husbands.

Friedmann and Sheldon use a lot of scientific language but they ensure that they break everything down in a simple manner for readers to understand. I recommend this book to audiences whose appetite is on learning about the universe, science and God. There is no doubt that this book is professionally edited as I did not come across any errors and there's nothing I can boldly say that I did not like. For the above reasons, I rate it a perfect 4 out 4

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Agnes098's review? Post a comment saying so!
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I was just overwhelmed with research in this book, it is so thorough i wonder how long it took to write the entire book.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

Science and religion have, for a long time, been considered contradictory rather than complementary. Harmonizing them like the authors are trying to do makes this book special. Thank you for the review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a fascinating book that Christian people should try to read. I really enjoyed reading your review!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Interesting to learn that Friedmann and Sheldon try to prove that the big bang theory does not contradict the Bible, but wonder how?
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

Sounds like an interesting read! Thank you for your well thought out review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

It's funny I thought the author's interpretation of Adam and Eve was way out there! No wonder he tucked it at the very end of the book. Indeed no 2 people read the same book!

Thanks for the wonderful review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Fazzier wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 08:07 Science and religion have, for a long time, been considered contradictory rather than complementary. Harmonizing them like the authors are trying to do makes this book special. Thank you for the review!
Growing up, I also thought that science and religion contradict. It was after reading the biblical clock that I thought otherwise.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Prisallen wrote: 02 May 2019, 14:14 This sounds like a fascinating book that Christian people should try to read. I really enjoyed reading your review!
I think not only Christians should read The Biblical Clock but everyone else who is fascinated and religion. Thanks for stopping by.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

sanjus wrote: 03 May 2019, 05:28 Interesting to learn that Friedmann and Sheldon try to prove that the big bang theory does not contradict the Bible, but wonder how?
This book is mainly based on research. But to have a deeper understanding you'll have to read The Biblical Clock. Thanks for stopping by.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Cotwani wrote: 05 May 2019, 04:13 It's funny I thought the author's interpretation of Adam and Eve was way out there! No wonder he tucked it at the very end of the book. Indeed no 2 people read the same book!

Thanks for the wonderful review!
Yeah well you can say that again about Adam and Eve but I decided to look at it in a different angle. Thanks for stopping by.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

allbooked+ wrote: 03 May 2019, 15:11 Sounds like an interesting read! Thank you for your well thought out review!
Trully it is an intetesting read. It opens one's mind on other things of life. Thanks for stopping by.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

It is always satisfying when it is evident that the author has done the proper amount of research for their book. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so thoroughly.
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

It's definitely an interesting premise - and trying to get religion and science to agree is not easy.
I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I liked it the most when Friedmann and Sheldon give the readers a choice. Firstly, the authors outline the few possibilities that surround the age of the universe. Then, they let the readers decide on the possibility that agree more with their intuition.
This sounds like a great aspect of this book. Great job pointing it out! I enjoyed your review. :)
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”