Review by Nair Nemet -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nair Nemet
Currently Reading: A Woman of Cairo
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nair-nemet.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Nair Nemet -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Nair Nemet »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love...at your service is a novel about the "hilarious" adventures of a young man who learns to cope with real life in his own sort of way. Randy never had the necessity to want more in life as he's handsome, sharp and third child. Women have always fell in love with him at first sight and the heaviness of work and school never touched him. However everything changes when he starts looking for an employment: he descovers that not everything is so easy.

Shay Carted offers a light story useful only as a leisure reading, shallow and completely unprovided of any kind of psychological analysis. There's no meaning at all in this book which tries to get the reader interested just by mere tastelessness. The only trait showing a sort of committment of the writer is that the characters' expressions are actually well forged as they express thoughts coherent with their role but mostly they are used just as a perpetual jest.

Although the style is rich of posh terms, the whole book is bloated and, sincerely talking, vulgar in most of its parts. The only thing that makes the reader willing to take upon himself or herself the task of finishing it is that various situations are brightened by some troubles the absent-minded protagonist finds himself in or provokes. Otherwise, the entire book is meager and void of any meaning therefore the reading is made difficult by the unrelevance of the matters the author writes about.

I gave this book a "2 out of 4 only because of its lightness. Were not for the fast reading (due to its shallowness) and for the parts where it is actually funny (dramatically too few in number) I would have given a point in minus. However, I remind that it is barely a "2", as it only slightly passes its border; at leat it was professionally edited and did not present any typos.

I would not recommend this book to anyone, but in order to give a description of it I shall counsel it to readers that are interested in a book without much of an impact and that are not easily impressed or offended by vulgarity. Personally, I think it was barely worth reading (and I read every kind of book) as it doesn't contain anything that can provide a time well-spent or a pleasurable experience. On the contrary it made me descover that bad books actually exist while before reading Randy Love... at your service. I couldn't imagine that a story can be utterly devoid of significance.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nair Nemet's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”