Review by Tessa23Darling -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Hea...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Tessa23Darling
Currently Reading: The Fire Within
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessa23darling.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Tessa23Darling -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Hea...

Post by Tessa23Darling » 01 Apr 2019, 11:01

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I’m very grateful to have been given the opportunity to read If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak. There were so many good quotes and takeaways from this book and I am most definitely having my husband and some friends read it! The author shares many principles to help you improve your life that I have slowly been putting into practice since I started the book. I can already see a difference and am grateful for the positive changes this book has brought. Mark is very blunt, to the point and honest in his writing and I love how he’s not afraid to share his own life stories to illustrate his points. I would give this book a 4/4 rating and recommend it highly!

Honestly, I can’t say there was anything I didn’t like about this book. Not to say it was perfect as I did notice two or three grammatical errors toward the end. But, the concepts the author presented and the writing style he used were both personal and professional. It was very engaging from beginning to end and would be helpful for people in nearly all walks of life. I even liked the cover design and the fonts used in the book.

One quote from the book which has really made an impact on me these last few weeks was: “Once you have a better understanding of your own life, you will have also gained a better understanding and respect for other people’s lives and their journeys as well.” As I proceeded to read the rest of the book and learn more about myself, I began to learn and understand more about my husband, my sister, and a few friends as well.

Another quote that stood out to me was: “If you have the desire to be really successful, you will need to be all four - willing, able, committed, and prepared.” I know that I am willing and able to be successful at my goals and I often tend to over prepare for every possible problem or obstacle, but staying committed is a problem for me. I was very glad Mark talked about this in the book and gave some tips and examples to help in that area of weakness in my life.

Overall, an exceptional self-help book and one I have already recommended to several friends. I plan to read other books by this author and I will likely reread this one again in a year or two in hopes of having made positive progress in applying his ideas and strategies for a better life. I hope you are encouraged and challenged by this book as much at I was!

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Tessa23Darling's review? Post a comment saying so!

Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading: Explore Experience Evolve
Bookshelf Size: 725
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: Dimensions of a New Civilization by Andrew Masuku

Post by Kibetious » 23 Apr 2019, 23:54

Thanks for the amazing review. The two quotes you've included in the review are already challenging and I'm left wondering how many more others are to be found in the book. Thanks for the review.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”