Review by Mantha1 -- No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Review by Mantha1 -- No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

[Following is a volunteer review of "No Dark Clouds" by R W Nelson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many books have been made into movies over time, but hardly do you see a book made into another book, that will give you the same effect you get when you watch a movie adaptation of a book.
In the book No Dark Clouds by R.W. Nelson, we get to see the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ being portrayed in a different light.
Although the crux of the whole story is the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, the author got us to see the drama that surrounded his lifetime, through the eyes of a number of begging children. From the stubborn Rebekah with one arm to the tiny singing girl, Aditya, to Scooter, the crippled boy, to Baa-Foo, the deaf lass, to Figs, the blind boy, to the crippled baby and to the nameless scar-faced boy who was simply known as ‘beggar boy’, we were shown how tough life could be as a beggar especially for those who had to report daily to their taskmaster with their proceeds at the end of each day.

While every other beggar worked for the taskmaster, beggar boy was independent, he had learned to fend for himself and had also gotten street smart in the process. With the help of Jesus Christ, these begging children got their healing in different ways. While some got physical healing, others got healed in their souls.

I particularly loved the fact that the author helped me put names to the characters the Bible originally portrayed only with their titles. For example, the Bible talked about a centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant by speaking from where he was, but this book gave his name as Darius which was also the same for other examples. This in a way, gave more life to the characters of the book. I also enjoyed the attempt at humor that the author expressed through the character 'beggar boy'.
As I read this book, I could tell that the author did thorough research before writing it, and his knowledge of theology was also obvious.

In addition, I enjoyed the fact that this book is educative, enlightening and I was able to learn a lot from it, especially with the study guide that the author added at the end of the book, which I think would help the readers a great deal. The author also did a great job of being very descriptive in his use of words, which I appreciate. The style of writing is also an element I enjoyed about this book, the author's flow of thought was easily understood with the reader being carried along in every narration.

There is hardly anything that puts me off about this book because I enjoyed every bit of reading it and for me, it was like watching the Bible being acted out. This book was no doubt professionally edited and I didn’t notice any error during my experience of reading it, which is why I am rating it a 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to anyone who does not mind reading the story of the ministry of Jesus Christ told from a different perspective, it is also perfect for those who are open-minded and have interest in historical fictions.

No Dark Clouds
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mantha1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”