Review by Anthony Martial Tata -- Twisted Threads

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Martial Tata
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Anthony Martial Tata -- Twisted Threads

Post by Anthony Martial Tata »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This novel Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren begins by a quote, The only thing sweeter than a secret is revenge." I wish to add by saying that Revenge is best served on a cold plate. I was engrossed upon reading that and was somehow moved to believe that this book involves a pursuit of revenge. Surely, I was not disappointed. The leading character in this novel Akira is on a revenge mission. She is on a journey of avenging the death of her boss, Mitsui's niece who has been murdered in cold blood. Additionally, she wants to avenge against her boss and his gang for holding her captive and forcing her to do things against her will.

The book begins with Akira moving from one assignment to the next. She has just completed a bloody mission and is trying to destroy any links to the crime and is immediately tasked to avenge the death of her boss' niece aboard a ship. The murderers are travelling on board the ship and it must be executed within ten days of the ship exploration. Everything has been arranged by the leader and Akira is to complete the last stroke, accomplish the mission. If the plan worked out well she would succeed. What if things never went as planned. Lets find out.

From here, the book delves into her interactions with Devon on the ship. There is a thrilling and ensuing romance about the two. Though, Akira plans to use the relationship to her advantage, their chemistry cannot be denied. I enjoyed reading about the romance. Their walks around the ship was engaging and thrilling. If not for Akira sinister motives, they were a perfect match for each other. It's nice seeing two people in love happy and enjoying their time together.

I loved the manner in which the author blended reality and emotions in the novel. Such was unbelievable. Akira's situation is something I believe most readers can actually relate to. Though Akira is filled with rage, the author struck a balance such that her rage cannot be seen and it does not affect her duty. Such was excellent. Moreover, I loved the manner in which other characters are developed and play distinct roles in this book. They perfectly contributed to the development of themes in the novel.

Finally, I give this novel a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This book was entertaining, thought provoking and at the same time educative. I had no reason whatsoever to deduct a star. Its professionally edited and gas no typo errors. I recommend this book to lovers of crime and thriller fictions. People who can't stomach gory scenes should stay away from this hook. It has some nasty scenes.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anthony Martial Tata's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”