Review by Jaykik -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Jaykik
Currently Reading: The Carbynarah Chronicles, Book #1
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaykik.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Jaykik -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jaykik » 16 Mar 2019, 00:11

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren is the fourth book in the Threads series. It is a mystery thriller full of mysteries, suspense, death/murder, revenge and love.

Twisted Threads tells the story of Akira Sato, a Japanese trained assassin. She was given an assignment of finding and murdering the killer of her boss's sister. The freedom she so desperately needs and craves for lies in the completion of this assignment. She made a decision to find the real perpetrator of the murder by doing and using everything it takes. She decided to seduce Devon, the nephew of the couple she was investigating, in order, to use him as a ploy to get what she wants. Will she get the freedom she so desperately craves for? Will she succeed in her quest? Twisted Threads answers these questions and more as the story unfolds.

The book is an intriguing one that piques the interest of the reader right from the very first chapter. The plot of the story is such an engaging one that it will be difficult to put the book down until the very last page is read. The plot is such an interesting one made up of an interesting story line, characters, locations and setting. The author wove in different themes to support this plot to make it an intriguing and a fascinating story.

The book is full of suspense with sudden twist and turns which the reader was not expecting but which made the story dynamic. It is not only the story that had sudden twist and turns, but also the characters. Akira Sato, the main character, who was initially portrayed as a cold-blooded assassin suddenly became one with human feelings and touch, and with a longing to be loved and be loved right back. I like this about the book.

I, also, like that justice was upheld, apart from the underlying revenge in the heart of some of the characters; the truth eventually prevailed and justice won. This is a powerful message/lesson that can be seen in the book.

I, however, do not like the various sexual and erotic scenes in the book (although it gave the book a nice appeal) as it was too graphic and detailed. This will, also, limit the book to some particular age group as young ones will be discouraged to read it.

I recommend this book to lovers of mystery/suspense thriller with a splash of romance. This book is explicitly recommended for adult. It is not one for children.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited as it was hard to find any error. This book is easy to read and understand.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jaykik's review? Post a comment saying so!

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 20 Apr 2019, 15:30

I read this book and felt the same things. I liked the crime, thriller, mystery aspect of it very much. Erotic scenes present in this book were too graphic and detailed for me too. You've nicely presented the message we can get by reading this book. Thanks for the lovely review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”