Review by JessyOeffler -- Chasing The Red Queen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessyOeffler
Currently Reading: Winter Court
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessyoeffler.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Review by JessyOeffler -- Chasing The Red Queen

Post by JessyOeffler »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chasing The Red Queen" by Karen Glista.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review for Chasing the Red Queen by Karen Glista

3/4 stars given

While I immensely enjoyed the relationship of Donja and Makayla, the way they went from misunderstood girls living in two different worlds, to sister's willing to die for one another, and the way the author built up relationships throughout the entire book, with Torin and Donja, and Anna and Antonio, the fact that there were so many formatting and punctuation errors within the text causes me to give this novel one less star than it truly deserves. This book was an engaging read from start to finish, a whole new take on the vampire lore, and I loved every word of it. However, the grammatical errors were enough to make it hard to follow along with at times. If you want a great story, a romance with action scenes that will fulfill the gore category and a bloody (pun intended) good vampire love story to span the ages, pick this up and give it a read. Worth the time and worth the extra effort dealing with the errors. I would have given four stars, but because of those errors, it doesn't feel right to me.

Chasing The Red Queen
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like JessyOeffler's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”