Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
2017 Reading Goal: 90
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by TrishaAnn92 » 08 Mar 2019, 10:52

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway by Alex Fayman is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy. This book falls into the Science Fiction genre. Superhighway is a steady moving story that any science fiction fan is sure to enjoy.

What would you do if you discovered you had a special power? What if that power was the product of a government experiment gone wrong? Alex Fine discovers he has a special talent courtesy of a government science experiment. Realizing he could have a better life, he sets out to create a lavish lifestyle for himself while also trying to help others. In doing so, he finds himself living a lonely life made of lies. As the truth of his family’s history comes to light, depression and anxiety become a real problem for eighteen-year-old Alex. In his fight for survival, Alex turns to alcohol and drugs to help him cope. By the end of the book, he is living in the shadows. The question of whether he will find the will to fight for his life hangs heavy in the forefront of the brain.

Superhighway brings to the table a new idea. What person hasn’t thought about being able to transport through time and space to where ever they want to be just by using a computer? I believe this story has the potential to be a diamond in the rough type story. The plot seemed well thought out, with sections of it successfully roping the reader in with action and suspense. But that is as far as I can speak to what drew me in.

While the story had an interesting premise, it felt like it was slow moving in getting to the juicy meat of the story. For me the last few chapters had the most edge of your seat feel. I have to read the next book because of that. Before that, I struggled to really get into it. There were also several errors through out the book. They ranged from missing punctation to missing words and incorrect use of homophones. I was also left questioning how an eighteen-year-old could purchase alcohol and not be carded once. In as many times as it happened it just became less and less realistic.

I rate Superhighway by Alex Fayman a 3 out of 4 stars. The story had a basis that would draw in any Science Fiction lover, but loses steam with the main character and grammatical errors. This is a book that I would recommend to all those that love Science fiction.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like TrishaAnn92's review? Post a comment saying so!
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
-Harry Potter

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”