Review by Sarah Tariq -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life has many shifts, but sometimes you just have to move to a planned shift by taking some crucial decisions about your family or career to improve it. The book From Drift to Shift, written by Jody B. Miller and forwarded by Brad Feld, is an outstanding book to guide people to come out of the turbulent condition and find out a sparkling life and a right career. Indeed, everyone wants to lead a life of exuberance, passion, purpose and fulfillment. So this book shows you how to achieve all this.

The author has divided this book into four parts. The first part contains, why shift is necessary in life when one faces odds. The second part deals with the signs of the shift and how to make the shift normal by alleviating sufferings. Third relates to, how to shift and prepares people that how they can overcome their anxiety and obstacles through shift to a different direction. It tells how you can incorporate a shift in your life so that you could reap its positive benefits. And the remaining fourth part deals with, what happens after the shift. The author quotes the stories of various people who, instead of drifting with their lives, moved to shift and that shift brought happiness and inner satisfaction in their lives. In the end of each chapter, the author provides valuable advises about how to deal with a difficult situation.

The author is of the view that intimate relationships are the real source of happiness and if you want to move forward happily, you should never give up your efforts. She (author) has included the meditation exercises which readers can adopt to feel happy and wipe out their miseries and tensions.

The “Faith beyond Reason” has been the most inspiring chapter for me. The sufferings Sloan faced, and her strong faith in God to overcome her odds and move in a progressive direction is awesome. It is true that shifts are often needed during times of pain, survival or exploration. However, I am of the view that the decree of God goes side by side. Though luck and hard work both has their part in one’s success, without the will of God one cannot succeed. So one should do one’s best and leave the rest to God. So faith in God is necessary in order to lead the life of contentment.

The book provides an all out, excellent form of counseling to sorrow-stricken people. With the help of stories, quotes, counseling advises and meditation exercises, the book offers the unlimited support to people who are drifting through their painful life and desperately searching for a ray of hope to shift their lives in a soothing direction. The book is professionally edited and I could not find any affordable editing mistake in it. Owing to all these positive aspects, this book truly deserves to be rated 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to all those people who need the right counseling and moral support to go ahead. This book is nothing more than a blessing for people who are passing through the bleak phases of their life and striving to move from “drift to shift.”

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah Tariq's review? Post a comment saying so!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>
Currently Reading: Breaking Point
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umm-zahra.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Umm_Zahra »

I am glad you found it inspiring. The stories were truly motivational.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

Your review is really well-written. Look forward to reading more of them! :tiphat:
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Samy Lax wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 07:14 Your review is really well-written. Look forward to reading more of them! :tiphat:
Thank you so much for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Thanks for your review. I enjoyed reading it. I agree some of the stories were motivational and would inspire some. I felt too many of the stories about accidents and early trauma didn't fit the drift-to-shift theme. But, I appreciated many aspects of the book. Good review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Umm_Zahra wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 15:20 I am glad you found it inspiring. The stories were truly motivational.
Thanks for stopping by my review.

📕📖📰📓📕
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I'm glad the author has included a chapter on faith. Unless we are operating within God's will, no amount of self effort will bring lasting contentment. That being said, we all could benefit from wise advice and tools to help us get moving in the right direction. I hope this book will be a help to many people who are suffering or struggling with obstacles. Thanks for your thoughts on this book!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

stacie k wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 20:29 I'm glad the author has included a chapter on faith. Unless we are operating within God's will, no amount of self effort will bring lasting contentment. That being said, we all could benefit from wise advice and tools to help us get moving in the right direction. I hope this book will be a help to many people who are suffering or struggling with obstacles. Thanks for your thoughts on this book!
Yes, it's very inspiring book. Thanks for your comments.

📕📖📰📓📕
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

This is a good review. Thanks for highlighting that God is necessary for our success and happiness. Perhaps I should also read the book and see if I need a change from drift to shift
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

qsusan wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 07:59 This is a good review. Thanks for highlighting that God is necessary for our success and happiness. Perhaps I should also read the book and see if I need a change from drift to shift
Yes, it's a very inspiring self-help book. Thanks for stopping by my review.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Eva Darrington wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 19:50 Thanks for your review. I enjoyed reading it. I agree some of the stories were motivational and would inspire some. I felt too many of the stories about accidents and early trauma didn't fit the drift-to-shift theme. But, I appreciated many aspects of the book. Good review.
This book is truly inspirational. Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”