Review by GathuaM -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GathuaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathuam.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Review by GathuaM -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by GathuaM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever read a novel that you thought you knew the story line only to realize you better stop counting your chicks before thy hatch? Twisted Threads is that kind of book where each page you turn has a new twist to it. Kaylin McFarren impressed me with her new approach in writing literature. The structure of the book, clearly depicts that the title of the book corresponded with the narrative.

The book is focused on a young geisha girl, Mariko, who seeks to get her freedom from her assassin clan. The young lady has to complete an assignment on board a cruise ship. The twists in the story begin. The assignment involves finding the murderer of Keiko who was killed in Mexico. Mariko ventures out to find out the true killer by socializing with all the tourists on board. The characters in the book portray people who have many more secrets going on. On board the ship, Mariko decides to gets close to the main suspects but ends up falling in love with one of her targets. Can she handle telling him the truth? Can their new love withstand what lies ahead? What follows on board the ship for ten days is a real twisted thread as the drama unfolds.

Twisted Threads was an amazing read for me. It kept me glued to my seat as I sat turning one page to the next in anticipation. What impressed me the most, was that each time I thought the story line was over, a new twist started which unfolded a new narrative. The author never lost focus of the main story, which would be expected when one adds so many turns to a narrative. The novel never got confusing as I was able to relate the current chapter with the previously read ones. When I reached the last page, it dawned on me that the cruise was only ten days but it seemed like months to me. Very impressive.

I rateTwisted Threads4 out of 4 stars. The book was carefully edited and the author was able to add new twists and turns to the book making it very captivating to the reader.I did not notice any grammatical errors that drove my attention away. I was impressed by the fact that the Kaylin, was able to fit in new stories to the main narrative and seamlessly float it into the main narrative.

The book would be good for readers who love unpredictable story lines all the while allowing their anticipation to build up and read to the last page without stealing a glance at how the story will end.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like GathuaM's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Looks like the author sticks true to the title. The twists and turns will definitely keep me interested. It's a plus that it's professionally edited.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 14:41 Looks like the author sticks true to the title. The twists and turns will definitely keep me interested. It's a plus that it's professionally edited.
The twists and turn really did make it interesting. Thanks.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the book so thoroughly! That can be a pleasant surprise on this site sometimes...
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

CommMayo wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 18:37 Happy to hear that you enjoyed the book so thoroughly! That can be a pleasant surprise on this site sometimes...
Yes I did enjoy the book. I always read a book without putting other people's views in my head. This helps me form my own opinion about the book. Thanks for reading my review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”