Review of Of All Faiths & None

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Of All Faiths & None

Post by Nkem Blessing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of All Faiths & None" by Andrew Tweeddale.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Of All Faith and None by Andrew Tweeddale is historical fiction, with a setting between 1910 and 1917. The story focused majorly on the Lutyens, Drewe, and many others. Edwin Lutyen, an architect, was asked to design a castle for Julius Drewe, who wanted to leave a legacy for Adrian. Although he was wealthy and influential, Peter Hall, an engineer, also worked with Lutyen on designing the Drogo Castle. Lutyen's daughter Celia had to meet with the Drewe family. Adrian, Kit, and Basil at the stone-laying ceremony at Drewsteignton. Celia fell in love with Adrian. Although Adrian didn’t care much about how she felt, Kit Drewe met with Rose Braithwaite, a nurse who worked at St. Thomas Hospital. Adrian had already enlisted and joined the army. Will fate unite Kit and his brother Adrian for the love of their lives, or will war swallow up their dream? Read on and find out for yourself.

I so much love this book, as it looks too real. I couldn’t stop reading the book as it was filled with scenes of love and war. The characters were properly developed. Celia’s decision to help at the Ensleigh hospital in September 1916. This was a good idea. It showed that, at some point in life, one has to give up on one's desires to help others. This also gave her the opportunity to meet with Adrian in the hospital often, as his brother Kit was badly injured during the war.

The scene of war got me crying, and the profane words even made the book more interesting. The fact that Rose got married to Peter Hall, which she regretted, was the only part of the book I didn’t like.I couldn’t find any errors in the book. Celia’s character is really exceptional, as she was determined to get what she wanted. The character of Rose also appeals to real-life stories. where a man will be in love with someone and end up marrying another.

I find this book exceptionally well edited, as I find every part of the book very interesting. Although it’s a fiction book, I feel like reading the book over and over again. It focused more on war and romance. I therefore rate this book 5 out of 5.
I recommend this book to those who love historical fiction. Those who need an idea of what war looks like and those who love to read novels about romance should also go for this book.

Of All Faiths & None
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

This book sounds like an interesting book. I would soon be adding this to my to be read list. Well done for a great review. Keep up the good work.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s interesting to see how people lived long ago and how they acted. I don’t think that many parents are inclined to provide a legacy for their children in these times.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I would love to see, if ever, there's a sequel, the continuation of the love story of Rose and Kit. Also, Celia's abrupt story of love between Adrian. Your review is lovely, Blessing!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Wow. A great review shows a great book. This book definitely worth a try. Congrats on your oublished review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”