Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cain and Abel was a common story we heard in Sunday school, in preaching, and in evangelism. In his book, Killing Abel, Michael Tieman gives a clearer picture of the possible scenarios during Adam and Eve's early life on earth with their children. The author helps the readers appreciate and understand why God longed to perish all people, except Noah's family. Take note: the author noted that this book is a work of fiction based on the true events of the Bible.

To summarize the important highlights of this book, of course, everything began with God. It was followed by the creation of God, especially Adam and Eve. Most people are aware that the couple disobeyed God, causing them to vanish from the Garden of Eden. Here comes the procreation. Adam and Eve have twelve daughters before the boys come along, known as Cain and Abel. Fast forward to adulthood, Adam noticed that Cain was different and always obsessed with the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." Every time Adam tells his children about their disobedience to God, Cain's interest in the tree grows even more. Cain tries to convince his parents that he will journey with Abel to the Garden of Eden. Will Cain's journey with Abel be successful? Will Cain plan to kill his brother on this journey? Grab a copy now and refresh your mind with this entertaining book about the old story of the first set of people here on earth.

The author perfectly dramatized the few details of the biblical account, from the life outside the Garden of Eden to Noah's time. I observed that the author carefully followed the timeline of the Bible events, which I appreciated the most. I now have an idea about the whereabouts of the Garden of Eden and why it wasn't visible then. Plus, my question about Cain's descendants was answered. Moreover, I like the way the author emphasizes "Adam's square" and "Lamech's pentagon." I really enjoyed reading this part. What thrilled me the most? It's about how the "Nephilims" multiply and their special task with Noah. On the other hand, some parts of the narrative are a bit slow, which I list as my least favorite. Though the author carefully followed the hierarchy of events, there are some lines that need more suspenseful details because a lot of people aren't new to the story.

The style of writing isn't difficult to navigate. Readers will easily identify the narration, the conversations of humans, and the discussions of the "Trinity." On rare occasions, I noticed some minor flaws, but the flow of the story is professionally edited. The book had a great message, and I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The short story of the biblical account from the creation to the flood was fictionalized in a comprehensive way. The author guides the readers that faith in God matters most, repentance is a must, and obedience to God brings blessings. In addition, people had a choice not to commit sin by always connecting with God.

I recommend this book to a person who desires to know why Cain has a mark. The Killing Abel story concept may be familiar to readers, but I guarantee you will understand why you are struggling and how to overcome it. Anyone who wants to understand the love of God will find this book comforting. Any Christians out there, not just this group, who want to know why the "sons of God lived with the daughters of men" in Genesis 6:4 can find the answer in this book. 

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

I read killing Abel and I agree with your review, I also like how the author followed the biblical timelines too. Great review
Jinansh Sheth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jinansh Sheth »

I completely agree with your review of "Killing Abel." The author's ability to stay faithful to the biblical timelines while injecting her own creativity into the story is truly impressive. I found the book to be an incredibly engaging and thought-provoking read, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fresh take on the Cain and Abel narrative.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

I love that the author wrote this based on biblical story. What I appreciate more is that he added style and with a tint of creativity to the storyline.
Masterpiece22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Masterpiece22 »

I love fictional books that are wrought out of the bible. The author's creativity is top notch and I understood that Faith and obedient is necessary in my work with God. 4/4♥️
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

I read this book a few months ago. I liked how Tieman creatively fills in the blanks in the Bible story of Adam and Eve in Eden up until the time of Noah during the floods. The book is nice only if taken from a literary point of view because it blends fiction from the author's imagination with the real story from the Bible.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83741
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1132%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book of the day BOTD is historical fiction master peace that examine the first few chapters of bible book genesis its more than just a story of the first murder of abel in the old testament Christian bible, this book suits Christians and it was well written and reviewed
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I read this book some time ago, and although I admire the author's attempt to create a more powerful story based on a few words in the Bible, it's not my thing. Nevertheless, from the reviews I have read, I expect many will enjoy the book. Congrats to the author.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I have to say this review is spot-on. I've read the book and I agree that the author's dramatization of the events really helps one along. Even those who are not exactly into the Bible can rather enjoy this age-old epic tale. Very insightful review.
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

Michael Tieman's novel Killing Abel is based on biblical events from the book of Genesis. The main focus is on Adam and Eve following their fall and how they managed to survive after being expelled from the Garden of Eden. The plot revolves around their marriage, how they raised their children, and how they found a way to express their remorse to God through sacrifice. The book also discusses Adam and Eve's first sons and how they were so different, which led Cain to murder Abel. The story demonstrates how Cain's curse was passed down to his descendants, who inherited his vices. Thank you for your review.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

I loved reading this review, as it is comprehensive and the topic contains many dimensions
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

This book offers an image of how some biblical events might have happened, providing some details that could fill the gaps. Interesting idea. Congrats on BOTD!
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

Today's book is historical fiction inspired by the Book of Genesis. It is a retelling of the origins of humanity in the context of the Old Testament. Congratulations on being chosen as Book of the Day!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

What intrigued me in this story is the Cain's mark. It was mysterious. Eve, on the other hand, entered into a no-choice relationship with Cain. It was a great fictional story. I enjoyed this book. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I read the book some time ago, since I was intrigued by the topic and the description. The flow of the narrative was not my cup of tea, but it's always interesting to read the feedback from others who did enjoy the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”