Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The author combines facts and imagination to write this historical fiction. Killing Abel by Michael Tieman is a book based on the events of creation. The author references the biblical book of Genesis and combines it with his imaginative perspective. He gives his view on the characters in the book of Genesis, the thought process behind their actions, and how they cope with the consequences of said actions.

God made Adam and Eve to serve and honor him. God instructs them not to eat from a particular tree in the garden. Lucifer, an angel, takes the form of a serpent and comes down to earth. He tempts Eve into disobeying God; she eats from the tree God instructed them not to. Eve realizes her mistake and tempts Adam to disobey God. God punishes three of them severely and differently. What was the punishment? Did God ever forgive them? To find out, grab a copy.

The book gives an added perspective to the tales in the Bible. The author did a great job writing these scenarios that aren't in the Bible. The book is written in an organized manner, making it easier to comprehend. The author's portrayal of God's character is magnificent. He portrayed his character to be loving, kind, and forgiving. All of which are correct. God's relationship with Adam is inspiring. As a Christian, I want to be that close to God. God treats him like a son but doesn't pamper him. Adam tries to do things alone but isn't afraid to ask God for help. I learned that in life, there's always a consequence to actions taken. One should think before making decisions. The book preaches love and forgiveness. The author uses different speech patterns for each character. I like how the author describes their encounter with Lucifer; his attention to detail impresses me.

I found some flaws in this book. The author mentioned some of Adam's children who aren't in the Bible. The author gave God's perspectives on matters. Christians might find it offensive as they believe no one knows the mind of God. I do not like the title of the book. While Abel might have been a primary character, I feel it is unjustified to name the book after him. Other primary characters played important roles too, and deserve some recognition.

For the reasons above, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. The writing was clear and concise. I found no errors in the book, indicating it was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend it to those who like historical fiction.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Bosseman Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bosseman Okoye »

Wow. I'm amazed by the creativity of the author. To fathom out a book just from chapters of the Bible. I can't wait to read this book.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I disagree with your point on Christians being offended. I'm a Christian and I don't feel offended.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:

I enjoyed this review a lot, it made me want to read the book again.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:

This book highlights the author's creativity. How he was able to get a great story from the biblical events. Great review.
Victor Ayub Migos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

The author's creativity is highly commendable. I loved the plot and the storyline. Your review is well detailed and interesting to read.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

How the author mixes the bible with reality is quite incredible. I enjoyed reading this review. I got some new perspective on the book.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I commend the author for his creativity. It was well written. I think this book is better understooby Christians because of the Bible references.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I read the book and I enjoyed it. The title of the book is fitting. It is a brief but accurate summary of the book. I commend the author for a good job.
Makkyfenty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makkyfenty.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Makkyfenty »

I quite enjoyed reading this review. It made the book very interesting. I like how the review was constructed. It makes the book appealing to read. I can't wait to read this book.
Makkyfenty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makkyfenty.html

Post by Makkyfenty »

From this review, I can tell that this book has some core values of loyalty and honesty. It sounds like an interesting that'll keep readers engrossed.
Kinsey James
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinsey-james.html

Post by Kinsey James »

I love this review. It is written excellently. I love how you expressed your recommendations. It is very good. I like your negative aspects. Congrats on a job well done.
Kinsey James
Currently Reading:

Post by Kinsey James »

I love this review. It is written excellently. I love how you expressed your recommendations. It is very good. I like your negative aspects. Congrats on a job well done.
Kinsey James
Currently Reading:

Post by Kinsey James »

Kinsey James
Currently Reading:

Post by Kinsey James »

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”