Review of Murder in the Garbage

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review of Murder in the Garbage

Post by Ohna Martin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Murder in the Garbage" by Jerry A Greenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Retired Navy SEAL Hank Boucher decides that he is still young enough to build a career. At 36 years of age, he applied to the CIA, not wanting to waste his navy training and skills. His first assignment confronts him with missiles that are being stolen from an army base. When the body of Charles Thornton was discovered in an oversized, over-decorated container on his front lawn, Hank sets his sights on the waste management company Mr Thornton was a part of. There he meets Raoul, an inspiring young man, who after completing his service decided to get a day job and go for night classes. The only problem is Raoul still needs to decide what he wants to do with his future. Teaming up with local law enforcement, the FBI and the young Raoul, Hank is determined to make a success of his first assignment. Is Hank right in thinking that the murder is connected to the missing missiles? Will they stop the missiles from reaching their destination? Is the murdered Mr Thornton's wife as innocent as she claims to be? What will happen to this new team of friends after everything is over?

The negative side of things is how far people would go for a bit of money. We see murder where at least one of the suspects was in it for money. A few promising careers were thrown away just to make a bit of extra money, not to mention what would happen once the missiles reached their destination. What would those people use them for? I don't think their intentions are good. How many people's lives would be in danger once that transaction is complete? Did any of these people involved ever once stop to think about the outcome of this? Or did the huge amounts of money they were paid help to ease their conscience?

The positive side of things is that after retirement, Hank still chose to use his seal training and skills to do good in life. With his first assignment, he stopped a murder and also saved countless lives. What was also refreshing is normally the law enforcement and government agencies bump heads about what is classified and what is not. This did not happen here, everybody decided to work together for the greater good.

Murder in the Garbage by Jerry A. Greenberg is a well-written book. It is full of action, a flirtation with romance and a lot of adventure. According to the author, this will result in a series, which I can not wait to read, and I do hope that Raoul will stay part of it. With no spelling or grammatical errors, I would gladly rate this book 4 out of 4.

I would recommend this book to teenage and adult audiences, as this book has no profanity or sexual content. Although there are shooting scenes there is no gruesome description of the aftermath. The change of pace the author mentioned is positive. I am sure that people will enjoy this book. I know I can't wait for the next one.

Murder in the Garbage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Murder in the Garbage sounds filled with action and adventure. Although government not withdrawing information claiming it as classified seems highly unusual.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

The two former army man have very different plans for the future despite their common past. Would be interesting to see what the team gets up to in this and other books to follow in the series. Great review.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Hank is great because instead of relaxing and enjoying his life, he chooses to use his skills to help others. The murder mystery and missile elements add suspense and excitement to the story.
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

I'm already intrigued by the book's storyline, especially with the part about money motivating the characters to do bad things. Thanks for the great review.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

The story line of the book is intriguing. Ideally enjoyed going through your review. Thank you🌱❤️
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This sounds like an exciting thriller. You made a good point about people’s greedy nature and not thinking of the consequences. Some people are blinded by the money. I am definitely interested in reading this! Thank you for your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”