Review of Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Devil in False Colors

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I find the background artwork of these 'terrorists' in Devil in False Colors amusing. The amount of planning, effort, money, and lives lost only to eliminate those who do not think about them. This story made me consider what might force a man to simply sit and consider eliminating a nation due to obscure historical events.

Devil in False Colors begins with a scenario in a nursery school. In Beverly Hills, Patrolman Ed Henderson received a call from the school requesting assistance. When he arrived, he discovered that 5 little Jewish children had had their heads removed from their bodies, and an Arabic message had been placed atop the heap. Finding these terrorists will take a lot of work for the Los Angeles homicide. This prompted them to enlist the aid of Israeli Mossad operative Uri Levin and Ohio farm girl Lara Edmond, who has established herself in the FBI, in their inquiries. Will they succeed? Who is responsible for these attacks, and why? To find out the answers, treat yourself to the third novel in the Jack Winnick series.

First, I'd like to comment on Lara and Uri's allegedly romantic relationship. It's amazing considering that they typically take a few years off after each mission. I adore how their feelings for one another never change when they get back together on a task. I also laud the author's writing abilities. Although this plot moves pretty quickly, readers won't be confused. The fact that each episode focuses on a new task makes it a standalone as well. I like how succinct and clear Jack Winnick is. Even the many locations mentioned were described in detail, along with how each department and piece of machinery functions.

Reading this also taught me a few things. In addition, the author used these tales to inform his audience about the complicated relationships and past of Israel, Iran, Iraq, Russia, the United States, Syria, and Palestine. It can get confusing sometimes because it's new knowledge. I find it crazy that these young Arab men/boys are willing to get themselves killed for some sick validation. If anyone has been wondering what usually encourages these terrorists to take these dangerous steps, the author has written in clear language what goes on in their heads.

I have no negative feedback concerning this novel. It's interesting and really engaging. For these reasons, I give this a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Furthermore, I found no errors while reading. It has been exceptionally edited.

I'll recommend it to romance novel lovers. If you are a fan of action series, this is for you too. You may want to steer clear of this if you don't enjoy gory imagery.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lisa Park17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-park17.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Lisa Park17 »

Your review is well-written and the book's analysis is excellent. I like the relationship between Uri and Lara, and I bet it would lighten the tension present in the book. I'm excited to treat myself to this adventure and suspense-filled book. Well done.
Oluwakemi_ Awe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwakemi-awe.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Oluwakemi_ Awe »

I've never read any Lara and Uri series, although i intend to. But this is the first review that informs me that Lara and Uri are romantically involved. woah. Isn't it risky to fight terrorist alongside a person you love, alongside your strength and weakness. Nice review.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I love the Lara and Uri series and their fight against terrorism. It was promises a great deal of suspense and action with a touch of romance. Thanks for the review.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I have read one of the series and I'm currently reading another, the Uri and Lara's series is amazing. I like how they always find a way and escape whenever they're captured.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I felt sad reading this novel when I read about the school kids and how their bodies were dumped, I had read a few reviews on this novel but none drew my interest like this one. I am sure to grab a copy to find out if Lara and Uri apprehended the criminal responsible for such a barbaric act.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I've been wondering what usually encourages these terrorists to take these dangerous steps, it's actually nice that the author has written in clear language what goes on in their heads. 
Thanks for your review.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

It is annoying how many people are been killed every day by terrorists, I wonder what will be their punishment by God.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Terrorism is one thing, but terrorists attacking children is devilish. Could this really be happening in real life? It sounds so sad. Great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Just like you Temi I don't understand how people find joy or fulfilment killing their fellow humans. Terrorism is an act that should be condemned on all sides and it is great to read a book on it. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Killing children should be out of it for these terrorists. For real, I don’t understand their gain in all of this.
Sound review! Good job!
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

This sounds so gory, so it's probably one I will skip. I do enjoy romance books, but not with violence against children. Thanks for the detailed review!
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Your review is detailed and informative. The book however will be a delight for action and crime lovers
I will love to delve into it as soon as I can, I could really use the new information in this book
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This is a work that's beautifully birthed by work of research. Jack Winnick tried in this piece. I wish Lara and Uri well in this investigation again. I enjoyed reading this review. Kudos to the reviewer.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

wonderful review It makes me more eager to read the book that you thought it interesting and helpful.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”