Review of East Wind, 2nd edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of East Wind, 2nd edition

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The threat of terrorism is back. Plans are being developed on how to obliterate a nation and murder innocent citizens. In what way will this be ruined? Israeli’s agent in Lebanon, Uri Levin, recently returned from a mission there. One of the last few surviving Metsada (the Special Operations, often known as Mossad to others) agents is Uri. He also serves as the leader of the Kidon, a highly classified organization that is responsible for “captures and assassinations in the neighboring Arab countries.” Computer-savvy agent Lara Edmond is from the United States. She is responsible for keeping an eye on questionable online activity. The forthcoming terrorist strike is the focus of Lara and Uri's joint assignment. They become closer and get to know one another better via their work together. To learn more about their experiences, read East Wind, Second Edition.

First of all, I really appreciate how good a storyteller the author is here. It's captivating. The reader cannot become lost. Being a history enthusiast, I appreciate how Mr. Jack Winnick took his time to describe the details of the war's early history. It aids readers in determining who is and is not at fault. I might infer from the stories being presented that the British, in general, broke their promises to other nations. And other wars are breaking out as a result. The Arabs are also much to blame for this. The most important thing to understand, both then and now, is that not everyone will accept your religion. So learning to live together peacefully is great for everyone. We should thus refrain from inciting violence in the name of the Holy One. These factors led me to give this 5 out of 5 stars.

The bit that shocked me was when the Jihadists believed they would have virgins to enjoy in the afterlife if they gave their lives to slaughter others. I used to believe that this was a regional phenomenon. I was unaware that it is universal. I hope that the young men will be educated and made to realize that life is about more than starting wars, using violence, and murdering innocent people in order to be known as the ones who killed the most people.

Furthermore, I have nothing negative to say about this book. But I do hope that there is no harm in revealing the extensive information presented here to the public that anyone can read it, especially the sections on making bombs. Although it isn't mentioned in the book as a warning, I find it curious. While reading, I didn't notice any mistakes. This has therefore been exceptionally edited.

I'll recommend this to fans of the action series. This is for you if you enjoy reading historical fiction about wartime. Even if there may be too much information for you to process, they are nonetheless enjoyable. Readers who enjoy romance novels may also enjoy this. Enjoy!

East Wind, 2nd edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Judging by the review,this has a lot of action and thrills. I will definitely give it a read. You did a wonderful job with the review. Well done.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

Reading through your review gives me an insight into what the book is all about and I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

I like the exhaustiveness of your review. It brings the book alive and tempting to read.
I hope Uri and Lara were able to foil the activities of the terrorists.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

How did the author mix romance and war?. Lara and Uri are my best for terrorist books. Nice review. Wonderful book.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Lara and Uri are my favorite investigators. They go through each battle and terror together and come out victorious. Great review!
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I keep getting amazed by the extent of what these terrorists would do just to kill people. The doctrines and teachings that were given to them are annoying. Jack’s series is amazing and the actions were top notch.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

In this new age, one of the threats ravaging humanity is terrorism. This is a book that touched on that. I would definitely check it out.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I was able to understand the importance of self-defense after reading this book. Terrorism has become the norm in the present time. I love your review. Keep it up.
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I wonder where the author got the inspiration he used in writing this book because the actions in this book were exhilarating and full of humor. Jack Winnick is indeed a great author
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

This book comes with a lot of suspense. Young adults like Lara and Uri working together would trigger emotions I was sure about that. Let's see how they play along.
Chinasa Deborah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinasa-deborah.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chinasa Deborah »

According to the assessment, there is a lot of action and excitement here. Everyone benefits when we learn to coexist harmoniously. As a result, we ought to abstain from calling for violence in the name of the Holy One. Nice review!
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I've realized that Jack Winnick's books are always about terrorism. It's so sad that the things he wrote about them could be actually what they do in real life. I'll like to read this book. Great review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This book contains the action genre which is my type of genre, I would consider reading this novel.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Johnbra334
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johnbra334.html
Latest Review: The Eschatology of the Christian Era by L. D. Swift

Post by Johnbra334 »

I like the book cover. I love how the cover show illustration of wars. Without reading the novel, one can certainly know what it entail by just looking at the cover.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”