Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel is a fictional recount of the early days of man; from the first action of disobedience, to the great flood that wiped out the majority of mankind, as stated in the Bible. The book focuses on the life and actions of Adam, Eve, Abel, Cain, and Noah before the massive flood. How did Adam and Eve adjust to life outside the garden of Eden? Why was Cain seemingly pardoned? Did God ever try to redeem His children? Why did God choose only Noah and his family to survive? All these questions and many more are answered in this engrossing text.

Going by the book's description, I had expected the text to be complex and a little boring. In contrast, the book was narrated using simple and concise words. I am in awe of Michael Tieman's narration technique, as it is explicit and thought-provoking. Michael incorporates a lot of character attributes into this work, making it intriguing. He further enriches the plot through the addition of interesting conversations, thoughts, and scenarios that aren't in the Biblical account. I am deeply fascinated by the author's reasoning and imagination.

Michael's recount provides a new perspective to the beginnings of man. Michael also documents the origination of various practices, inventions, and the spread of civilization.

Although largely fictional, significant events in the book are backed with scriptures from the Bible. The book generally explains that it was the prideful and unrepentant nature of man, rather than his disobedience in the garden of Eden, that led to his destruction.

Killing Abel also reveals a personality of God that many are not familiar with. God is portrayed as a Father who was limited by the misdeeds of His children, but sought various ways to reconcile with them. The more I read, the clearer it became to me, the motives behind the actions of God.

There is no part of this publication that I dislike. The book seems to have undergone professional editing; I didn't encounter any errors while reading. It is well written and very interesting. Therefore, I am rating Killing Abel as four out of four stars.

I would recommend Killing Abel to open-minded readers eager to learn about religious history. I would also recommend it to Christians, as it unravels many mysteries in the story of creation. Parents would find this book most useful, as they can learn from the examples of parenting shown by God and Adam.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

Killing Abel opened my eyes and helped my imagination with the many absent stories in the Bible. The author’s creativity and ability to weave his ideas into a story was admirable. I would recommend this to Christians out there as they would truly appreciate this.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Killing Abel brought out so much information left out in the Bible. The personality of God is not yet truly known to man and am glad this book reveals it. Great review
Poetic Justice
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Killing Abel is a fascinating storybook that I so much enjoyed, the author's writing style was top-notch. Great review.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I love the questions you posed in the first paragraph of your review. How did Adam and Eve actually adapt to life outside the garden of Eden? It'd be nice to see these characters as human beings like us—the author has created a masterpiece.
Wamala Elijah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamala-elijah.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Wamala Elijah »

Killing Abel is an intriguing read. I found this book helpful in developing one's faith. Although the author included a lot of his imagination, the Bible remains an inspired book by the Holy Spirit, and from God Himself. Thanks for this great review.
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

I have read this book and I totally agree with your rating. It deserves nothing less for its masterful and enriching storytelling. Nice review.
Oluwapelumi Rachael

Chinyere Nwankwo wrote: 26 May 2022, 07:47 Killing Abel opened my eyes and helped my imagination with the many absent stories in the Bible. The author’s creativity and ability to weave his ideas into a story was admirable. I would recommend this to Christians out there as they would truly appreciate this.
Agreed. The author's use of imagination and storytelling was remarkable.
Oluwapelumi Rachael

Sarah1738 wrote: 26 May 2022, 08:46 Killing Abel brought out so much information left out in the Bible. The personality of God is not yet truly known to man and am glad this book reveals it. Great review
The author did a splendid job in filling out many blank spaces left in the Biblical account. Thanks
Oluwapelumi Rachael

Dera Okeke wrote: 26 May 2022, 15:13 Killing Abel is a fascinating storybook that I so much enjoyed, the author's writing style was top-notch. Great review.
Thanks for sharing.
Oluwapelumi Rachael

Chinonso Onwurah wrote: 27 May 2022, 11:03 I love the questions you posed in the first paragraph of your review. How did Adam and Eve actually adapt to life outside the garden of Eden? It'd be nice to see these characters as human beings like us—the author has created a masterpiece.
Exactly! The way the author input thoughts for Adam and eve made the characters so much more realistic and relatable.
Moyinmoni
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Moyinmoni »

I've been seeing this book everywhere, and with your astounding review of it, I'm really hoping to try it out.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

I am currently reading this book and I already live it. Can't wait to be done. Thanks for the wonderful review.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

I read this novel and it was exceptionally written. I loved everything about this book and I have it a perfect score. Hope you also enjoyed reading it.
Obedchinedu
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obedchinedu.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Obedchinedu »

The journey of man from Eden is a fascinating one. The author's presentation of the known story makes me feel like a total novice. Imagination!
Thank you for the concise review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”