Review of Heroes of Atlantis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Heroes of Atlantis

Post by Inge van Tonder »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heroes of Atlantis" by Ryan Carriere.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heroes of Atlantis: Legend of the Dragon Runes by Ryan Carriere is a fantasy novel that features two main characters who each go through perilous adventures and quests. It is the first book of a series and ends in a very intriguing way; you would definitely want to read the rest of the books. Each character has individual personalities and unique traits.

This book is about two stories. The one is about Roeg, a blue haired boy saved by a clan member but never really accepted by the Great Spirit Clan. He is bullied and judged because of his appearance, and he is seen as weak and a liability. He tries to prove himself but always seems to get into trouble. He has two best friends and would do anything for them.

The other is about Sephonei, a blue haired girl forced into being a recruit and joining two Rune Hunters searching for Dragon Runes. They seem to never really answer any of her questions and she is left with trying to figure out the mysterious world around her herself. She seems fragile at first, but proves to be a strong-willed, intelligent young girl.

I loved the style this book was written in and how well edited it is. I enjoyed that this book is full of adventure and mystical creatures. I liked the fact that there is a map in the beginning of the book. There are also exceptional illustrations of characters in the book; it gives you a better idea of what the characters look like and help you sculpt the story in your own head.

Personally, there was nothing to dislike about the book. I enjoyed every aspect, and never felt bored while reading it. The writing style flowed well and is simple and to the point. Overall, it is a very intriguing and imaginative story. Ryan Carriere knows how to captivate young minds and I think he has a great idea to write this new type of series, it makes reading his books very interesting.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars, as it seems flawlessly edited and is an excellent read. If you love reading about mystical creatures, this might be the book for you! I would recommend this to teenagers and young adults or anyone who loves fiction, fantasy and adventure. I cannot wait to read the second book! There is also an audio book available and I am enthralled to listen to it!

Heroes of Atlantis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like a wonderful book that provides an important message to the readers: being different is not a reason to feel ashamed. Thank for this engaging review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”