Review by jennydelacruz -- Waterworks by Jack Winnick

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Something Worth Reading for Inspiration by Haripada Dhar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review by jennydelacruz -- Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

The plot is as intriguing as the other books in the series. The book can be made into a Hollywood movie. Congratulations BOTD!

jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Facing the Reality by C.J. Greene

Post by jennydelacruz »

DEEPA PUJARI wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2020, 13:28
The plot is as intriguing as the other books in the series. The book can be made into a Hollywood movie. Congratulations BOTD!
Indeed, Deepa! And Jack Winnick is consistent in getting the BOTD title with most of his books.

Ballbender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ballbender.html
Latest Review: Mother of Peace by Carol Klavon

Post by Ballbender »

this is an exciting fiction book to read. It covers the story of Uri and Lara. It's interesting and action-packed. The review looks remarkable and easy to understand.

Seroney_
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seroney.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Seroney_ »

This is such a fascinating fictional piece. I've read a bit and I enjoyed it. Thanks for the review

jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:

Post by jennydelacruz »

Ballbender wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2020, 23:08
this is an exciting fiction book to read. It covers the story of Uri and Lara. It's interesting and action-packed. The review looks remarkable and easy to understand.
Thank you for your inspiring comments on the review. :wink:

jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:

Post by jennydelacruz »

Seroney_ wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2020, 02:13
This is such a fascinating fictional piece. I've read a bit and I enjoyed it. Thanks for the review
I'm glad you enjoyed the book as I did. Thanks, Seroney :wink:

Leecedar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leecedar.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Leecedar »

jennydelacruz wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2020, 13:33
[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]

Lara and Uri have been wanting to have a child, but the nature of their work and their grueling schedules make it a bit difficult. They were advised by their doctor to take a vacation and ease up a bit. Having had their previous holiday cut short, they have gotten approval to continue their well-deserved and most-needed vacation.

Just as they were joyfully passing through shops and watching people with their happy faces, both of their phones rang. The water plant in Los Angeles had been contaminated and Homeland Security has reasons to believe that this might be a terror plot. Both agents were called to learn the severity and the magnitude of the attack. Their expertise in dealing with Iranian terrorists is needed in the investigation and prevention of another possible intrusion.

The unbelievable hunger to destroy and eliminate the Jews and the horrifying thirst to take down the United States is startling. The author wrote a comprehensive description of the terrorists’ repulsive desire and ridiculous ambition to succeed. The connotation of the word “Paradise” as depicted in the book is a little perturbing. These people had completely misinterpreted the principle of jihad and that misinterpretation had caused serious troubles.
It's kind of amazing how two different people can read the same novel, both enjoy it very much, and yet can focus on two entirely different facets of the book in their review. You focused on the vacation and yearning that Lara and Uri had. You also focused on the vile and disgusting minds, words, and actions of the terrorists. I find it difficult to believe that I've become numb to the horrific anti-Semitism that exists; I just kind of accept it as a horrible reality. But yeah, come to think of it, the wording, language, and emotions that inspire the terrorists in each of Winnick's novels is a horror, and I thank you for bringing it back to my attention.

Plus, the dreams of home and family are a wonderful place to go when the icky thoughts and worries get overwhelming.

Lee

jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:

Post by jennydelacruz »

Leecedar wrote: ↑
01 Aug 2020, 16:22
jennydelacruz wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2020, 13:33
[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]

Lara and Uri have been wanting to have a child, but the nature of their work and their grueling schedules make it a bit difficult. They were advised by their doctor to take a vacation and ease up a bit. Having had their previous holiday cut short, they have gotten approval to continue their well-deserved and most-needed vacation.

Just as they were joyfully passing through shops and watching people with their happy faces, both of their phones rang. The water plant in Los Angeles had been contaminated and Homeland Security has reasons to believe that this might be a terror plot. Both agents were called to learn the severity and the magnitude of the attack. Their expertise in dealing with Iranian terrorists is needed in the investigation and prevention of another possible intrusion.

The unbelievable hunger to destroy and eliminate the Jews and the horrifying thirst to take down the United States is startling. The author wrote a comprehensive description of the terrorists’ repulsive desire and ridiculous ambition to succeed. The connotation of the word “Paradise” as depicted in the book is a little perturbing. These people had completely misinterpreted the principle of jihad and that misinterpretation had caused serious troubles.
It's kind of amazing how two different people can read the same novel, both enjoy it very much, and yet can focus on two entirely different facets of the book in their review. You focused on the vacation and yearning that Lara and Uri had. You also focused on the vile and disgusting minds, words, and actions of the terrorists. I find it difficult to believe that I've become numb to the horrific anti-Semitism that exists; I just kind of accept it as a horrible reality. But yeah, come to think of it, the wording, language, and emotions that inspire the terrorists in each of Winnick's novels is a horror, and I thank you for bringing it back to my attention.

Plus, the dreams of home and family are a wonderful place to go when the icky thoughts and worries get overwhelming.

Lee

Quite fascinating, yes. I assume that our inner values somehow affect the things that we focus on. Thank you so much for your insightful comment, Leecedar :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”