Have you ever done/witnessed a psychic happening?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
jessejaiden94
Currently Reading: shiva and dionysus
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessejaiden94.html

Have you ever done/witnessed a psychic happening?

Post by jessejaiden94 »

Could be seeing a ghost. Could be any other psychic phenomena.
Some people I know have told me stories about them accidentally doing psychic things.
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

I don't know if this would count as a psychic phenomena, you guys will have to tell me what you think.

One night I had a dream where I was in a dark bedroom. There was thunder and lightning flashing and crashing continuously. When the lightning wasn't lighting up the room through the blinds, the only source of light was coming from an alarm clock on the bed side table closest to my. Because it was the only light source in the room it was easy to focus on, and therefore easy to notice the time. 11:59 pm. The room, the people sleeping on the bed, all of it seemed...familiar. As the lightning flashed, I watch the male figure sleeping in the bed slowly dissolving into dust. With each flash, a little more dust would be carried off in a non-existent breeze.

I've been told that I woke up in a state where I was unable to be consoled. My father could not for the life of him get me to calm down. I just cried and cried and cried. Finally after a few hours, my father called my mother to ask if she had any ideas that would help him console me. When she finally picked up the call, it was with the news that her father had just passed away in a shocking turn of event while being prepped overnight for routine medical procedure. His time of death was called at 11:59 pm. My dad was more than I little freaked out by my behavior after he learned that. I don't remember anything from when I was awake that night, but I can still see the visions in that dream as if I were having it right here, right now, as I type the reply. I have heard it said that children are more in tune with things and occurrences that we can't really explain. I was a toddler when this happened, but I don't know if that piece of information adds or detracts from the validity of what I experienced.
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
rvenkat
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rvenkat.html
Latest Review: "10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book" by Scott Hughes

Post by rvenkat »

I have witnessed psychic happenings like people get into states of sooth-saying. They were able to see things in the future which others cannot see. I have heard people talk about seeing beings which are not visible to the human eye.
Latest Review: "10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book" by Scott Hughes
cvega93
Currently Reading: Rescuing America's Democracy From Its Collapsing Morality
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvega93.html

Post by cvega93 »

I've witnessed quite a few...hmm...spiritual happenings, but everyone around me claims I was just seeing things. Sometimes, I think it may just be in my head, but then I get this feeling and it's not easily shaken off. I don't know.
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bandersnatch »

cjohns105 wrote:I don't know if this would count as a psychic phenomena, you guys will have to tell me what you think.

One night I had a dream where I was in a dark bedroom. There was thunder and lightning flashing and crashing continuously. When the lightning wasn't lighting up the room through the blinds, the only source of light was coming from an alarm clock on the bed side table closest to my. Because it was the only light source in the room it was easy to focus on, and therefore easy to notice the time. 11:59 pm. The room, the people sleeping on the bed, all of it seemed...familiar. As the lightning flashed, I watch the male figure sleeping in the bed slowly dissolving into dust. With each flash, a little more dust would be carried off in a non-existent breeze.

I've been told that I woke up in a state where I was unable to be consoled. My father could not for the life of him get me to calm down. I just cried and cried and cried. Finally after a few hours, my father called my mother to ask if she had any ideas that would help him console me. When she finally picked up the call, it was with the news that her father had just passed away in a shocking turn of event while being prepped overnight for routine medical procedure. His time of death was called at 11:59 pm. My dad was more than I little freaked out by my behavior after he learned that. I don't remember anything from when I was awake that night, but I can still see the visions in that dream as if I were having it right here, right now, as I type the reply. I have heard it said that children are more in tune with things and occurrences that we can't really explain. I was a toddler when this happened, but I don't know if that piece of information adds or detracts from the validity of what I experienced.
Maybe the people who say that are right. It seems more logical that adults close themselves off more towards those kinds of things, refusing it because of logic, whereas children would probably be more open to perception because they don't make barriers like that for themselves. I don't know though, just a theory.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
ms62
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms62.html

Post by ms62 »

Psychic Readings are a very hypnotic phenomenon. I have seen it on TV. If it is true , I still doubt as I have no personal experience. But It is like a dream sequence. You are asleep but your mid is in control of the Hypnotiser. It guides you to see a certain time or Instance. As your subconcious is overworking, you see a sequence of lucid visuals. Whether the instances are true or false, i wouldn't know.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I've had psychic visions of the future since I was young. I don't get them much anymore, but occasionally I still do.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Shermac21
Currently Reading: 30 Pieces of Silver
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shermac21.html

Post by Shermac21 »

In college we found a Oiuji board. Many things happened in our sorority house for the next month or two. Scary, weird and unexplainable like someone falling down down a flight of stairs in front of others and she was standing about 2 feet from the top step or a girl getting lockjaw after the Oiuji board told her something would happen to her, etc. Enough things were happening that over a break the house mother called in a medium. She confirmed that many entities were within the house and cleansed it. After that there were no problems.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

A few years back I was living in India in a rented apartment. There I witnessed many supernatural things. Later I found out that the place was haunted.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I have not witnessed any yet.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I think I have had a ghost encounter with my friends one is a seminary school back when I was in high school the school was located in a former graveyard and was deep in a forest/hidden village. During a morning walk with my group of friends one foggy morning we saw a figure with our uniform on the other side of the pathway and acted it to join us but it kept ignoring us without saying a word so when we walked to it to communicate better it fell on the ground and all we could see was the uniform. Scariest moment in my entire life.

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”