Overall Rating + Do You Recommend It?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
Treasurechest
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall Rating + Do You Recommend It?

Post by Treasurechest »

Hello,Im literally on the 2nd page So can't really give any input on it as of now.But when I"m done I will be back with my ratings
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Treasurechest wrote:Hello,Im literally on the 2nd page So can't really give any input on it as of now.But when I"m done I will be back with my ratings
I hope you like it; keep in mind it is going through a rewrite and re-edit. Enjoy! ?
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this only to mature readers since it contains a lot of detailed lovemaking scenes, some of which are quite rhetoric and graphic.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I have not yet read this book but I have read the several reviews of this book and I would like to read it. After that I would decide what rating should be given to this book.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Janetleighgreen

Naval Aulakh wrote:I have not yet read this book but I have read the several reviews of this book and I would like to read it. After that I would decide what rating should be given to this book.
I hope you like it, keep in mind, I’m aware of the editing issues, and am working very hard to fix them.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

I give this book only 1 star, and I'd give it less if I could. I found it really hard to read all the way through. It seemed like a bad Supernatural fanfiction. The characters are flat, the dialogue is cheesy, and the writing style is overall very immature. There are several errors and it just wasn't scary. I think there is potential though, if the author does some edits and rewrites some scenes.
Janetleighgreen

gaporter wrote:I give this book only 1 star, and I'd give it less if I could. I found it really hard to read all the way through. It seemed like a bad Supernatural fanfiction. The characters are flat, the dialogue is cheesy, and the writing style is overall very immature. There are several errors and it just wasn't scary. I think there is potential though, if the author does some edits and rewrites some scenes.
Thank you for the feedback. As I've said in previous posts, the book out there is basically my first draft. We are hard at work on the rewrite, and I've hired a new editor. Thanks for reading the book, I hope you get a chance to read the 2nd release when it’s done.
NhkeiraT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nhkeirat.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by NhkeiraT »

I love a graphic book. Especially when descriptive creative writing is involved. The more the merrier.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

:?
LifeTimeBookAddict wrote: 26 Oct 2016, 10:10 I gave this book 3 of 4 stars, but I don't know if I found the place to post my own review of books on this website. I had the same issues on the lack of editing, and for me, it's a huge distraction, having a background in English. Even when I'm not in "proofreading mode" I read as if the work is the final draft, so that's a problem for me... That said, it was a book I couldn't put down and wanted to know how it would end. The twisted sexual ghost and animal cruelty made me a bit queasy, but I've read worse from Stephen King and Dean Koontz, so if that's your thing, Janet Leigh Green is on track!

As others have said, I'd recommend it with caution to mature adults who can handle this level of sexual supernatural in a novel, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who I knew would be offended or uninterested in this type of ghostly horror. And then there's the premarital sex factor that some people are strongly against, even in a fictitious book. Not saying I'm a prude or a saint, but you know the audience I'm speaking of.
Interesting
Thanks for the comment.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to read and ghost stories and an interesting story line.

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”