- Posts: 802
- Joined: 22 Oct 2015, 10:47
- Currently Reading: The Theft
- Bookshelf Size: 256
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
- Latest Review: control Room by Mike Miller Jr.
The whole romance thing was pretty in your face. Sometimes it felt as though the plot took a bit of a backseat while we waited for some more romance to happen. I like romance in a story, but i think it is possible to be overdone.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 16 Aug 2016, 01:48
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 15
- Bookshelf Size: 96
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
- Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
I felt that the romance between Doug and Charlie was rushed and unnecessary. She didn't NEED a love interest, and I don't think it added to the story. On the other hand, I did think the relationship between Sheila and Scott made a lot of sense. Their relationship was affected by Sheila's abilities and it also created a genuine avenue for telling the reader about her character's history.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
- Posts: 354
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 20:41
- 2017 Reading Goal: 150
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 2
- Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
- Bookshelf Size: 439
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
- Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
I thought the love interest enhanced the story. It gave it balance; good versus evil, and hope of a future after a storm.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 05:07
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Bookshelf Size: 66
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
- Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
The romance between the characters has given a new angle to the story. Without romance this novel would not have made it to a good one.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
- Posts: 244
- Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 13:47
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 64
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 112
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
- Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
- Reading Device: B0051VVOB2
I didn't like the romance in the book. I agree that Charlie and Doug fell in love extremely fast and seemingly for no reason. It reminded me of a high school fling. In fact, I thought a lot of the characters interactions seemed immature or unrealistic, like how teenagers might act. It was disappointing, because I generally enjoy paranormal/supernatural romance stories.