Doug and Scott McQueen

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 32363
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Odin's daughter
Bookshelf Size: 1857
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Doug and Scott McQueen

Post by gali » 02 Oct 2016, 23:27

Which of the two brothers was your favorite? It is a tough call for me, but I think Doug is my favorite.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
klbradley
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 1963
Joined: 10 Oct 2015, 21:45
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 27
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: muse in lingire
Bookshelf Size: 320
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by klbradley » 03 Oct 2016, 08:14

I agree, I seemed to like Doug more. Scott seemed kind of immature at times. I have NO idea why, but the entire time reading this, I pictured those two brothers from HGTV where they flip houses, (Cant think of their names, lol)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

User avatar
ashley_claire
Posts: 376
Joined: 03 Mar 2015, 03:13
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 128
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading: Red Rising
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: The Markov Encryption by David N Robinson

Post by ashley_claire » 03 Oct 2016, 08:37

klbradley wrote:I agree, I seemed to like Doug more. Scott seemed kind of immature at times. I have NO idea why, but the entire time reading this, I pictured those two brothers from HGTV where they flip houses, (Cant think of their names, lol)
Oh my gosh, yes! I kept trying to picture them as the brothers from Supernatural but it wasn't working. The brothers from HGTV seems much more accurate.

User avatar
klbradley
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 1963
Joined: 10 Oct 2015, 21:45
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 27
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: muse in lingire
Bookshelf Size: 320
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by klbradley » 03 Oct 2016, 08:45

ashley_claire wrote:
klbradley wrote:I agree, I seemed to like Doug more. Scott seemed kind of immature at times. I have NO idea why, but the entire time reading this, I pictured those two brothers from HGTV where they flip houses, (Cant think of their names, lol)
Oh my gosh, yes! I kept trying to picture them as the brothers from Supernatural but it wasn't working. The brothers from HGTV seems much more accurate.
HA! I actually tried to picture Damon and Stefan from The Vampire Diaries but I just kept going back to those two property brothers guys!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

User avatar
batkinson6490
Posts: 102
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 10:46
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-batkinson6490.html
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by batkinson6490 » 04 Oct 2016, 17:32

I tried to picture them as Dean and Sam from supernatural as well but it wasn't working! I liked both brothers equally. They both had care and compassion about the job as well as their women. Gotta love a man who can love both!
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times when one only remembers to turn on the light."

User avatar
Janetleighgreen
Posts: 659
Joined: 05 Jul 2016, 19:04
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: The Crooked Staircase
Bookshelf Size: 190

Post by Janetleighgreen » 04 Oct 2016, 22:35

batkinson6490 wrote:I tried to picture them as Dean and Sam from supernatural as well but it wasn't working! I liked both brothers equally. They both had care and compassion about the job as well as their women. Gotta love a man who can love both!
This is so funny! I love these comments about my boys! They were loosely and I stress loosely based on Dean and Sam from Supernatural. I love that show and when I started writing the book, that's who was in my mind. I don't know who the construction guys are, but as I started writing, the guys took on personalities of their own and evolved into what they are. Yes, Scott is a little immature and he needs Sheila to take care of him but she likes that about him I think.

User avatar
klbradley
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 1963
Joined: 10 Oct 2015, 21:45
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 27
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: muse in lingire
Bookshelf Size: 320
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by klbradley » 05 Oct 2016, 09:49

Janetleighgreen wrote:
batkinson6490 wrote:I tried to picture them as Dean and Sam from supernatural as well but it wasn't working! I liked both brothers equally. They both had care and compassion about the job as well as their women. Gotta love a man who can love both!
This is so funny! I love these comments about my boys! They were loosely and I stress loosely based on Dean and Sam from Supernatural. I love that show and when I started writing the book, that's who was in my mind. I don't know who the construction guys are, but as I started writing, the guys took on personalities of their own and evolved into what they are. Yes, Scott is a little immature and he needs Sheila to take care of him but she likes that about him I think.
That's awesome! I have never watched Supernatural, but now I feel like I need to take a peek at those two characters to get a feel. Ha!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

User avatar
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 1992
Joined: 02 Oct 2014, 12:42
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2017 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 69
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 118
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets by KJ Blocker

Post by LivreAmour217 » 05 Oct 2016, 10:53

Both were good characters, but like others here, I liked Doug a little better than Scott. He seemed deeper and more mature.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 3146
Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 23:00
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 5
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Currently Reading: The Woman in the Window
Bookshelf Size: 228
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 2660
Signature Addition: testtesttest

Post by Scott » 07 Oct 2016, 11:51

Scott. Definitely. ;)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

User avatar
Janetleighgreen
Posts: 659
Joined: 05 Jul 2016, 19:04
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: The Crooked Staircase
Bookshelf Size: 190

Post by Janetleighgreen » 07 Oct 2016, 14:32

Scott wrote:Scott. Definitely. ;)
Of course it would be!

User avatar
mommyreadsbooks
Posts: 52
Joined: 01 Sep 2016, 18:51
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mommyreadsbooks » 07 Oct 2016, 17:04

I have to say Doug as well!

-- 07 Oct 2016, 17:04 --
Scott wrote:Scott. Definitely. ;)
:lol2: Of course

User avatar
ellieonline03
Posts: 587
Joined: 07 Jul 2016, 02:16
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by ellieonline03 » 08 Oct 2016, 10:05

I'd pick Doug. He's more mature plus he can cook. That's two birds with one stone.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

User avatar
Janetleighgreen
Posts: 659
Joined: 05 Jul 2016, 19:04
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: The Crooked Staircase
Bookshelf Size: 190

Post by Janetleighgreen » 08 Oct 2016, 10:08

ellieonline03 wrote:I'd pick Doug. He's more mature plus he can cook. That's two birds with one stone.
Good choice! They both cook, but Doug's the better cook! You'll see Scott Cook in Book-2 a little.?

User avatar
ellieonline03
Posts: 587
Joined: 07 Jul 2016, 02:16
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by ellieonline03 » 08 Oct 2016, 10:17

Janetleighgreen wrote:
ellieonline03 wrote:I'd pick Doug. He's more mature plus he can cook. That's two birds with one stone.
Good choice! They both cook, but Doug's the better cook! You'll see Scott Cook in Book-2 a little.?
Really? Now that's something to look forward to!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

User avatar
Janetleighgreen
Posts: 659
Joined: 05 Jul 2016, 19:04
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: The Crooked Staircase
Bookshelf Size: 190

Post by Janetleighgreen » 08 Oct 2016, 10:21

ellieonline03 wrote:
Janetleighgreen wrote:
ellieonline03 wrote:I'd pick Doug. He's more mature plus he can cook. That's two birds with one stone.
Good choice! They both cook, but Doug's the better cook! You'll see Scott Cook in Book-2 a little.?
Really? Now that's something to look forward to!
Yeah, there's a scene where Sheila is ribbing Scott a little because he never cooks for her. She wants to watch him cook. It's cute. ?

Post Reply

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”