What would you do if you had an encounter like this?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
dcopeland82
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcopeland82.html

Re: What would you do if you had an encounter like this?

Post by dcopeland82 »

I guess it would depend on friendly or not. I like to believe that my brother is our guardian angel and often wonder what I would do if I could actually see him. I would like to think that my curiousity would keep me from panicking or freezing out so I could learn about the "ghost world". An unfriendly ghost.......all bets are off!
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Honestly, I would probably think that I am losing my mind then proceed to have a panic attack while running away. :lol: I do not believe in ghost and have an anxiety disorder so this would be life-changing for me to say the least.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Warren Brown
Currently Reading: Travelman
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Warren Brown »

If I had a ghostly encounter I would probably freeze in fear, overcome my fear in a second or two and then face the apparition and ask it if it has a message for me.
mal03
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mal03.html

Post by mal03 »

I have encountered Ghosts and i did hide and it was not fun
EmiOllie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emiollie.html

Post by EmiOllie »

Non-friendly: burn some sage at that nasty thing.
Friendly: I'd have a LOT of questions about how that whole afterlife thing works.
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

Instinct says I'd panic like crazy and run. No matter what a ghost looks like, I don't think there's any other thing that comes to mind other than to run away. It would take a good deal of persuading for me to think of a ghost as friendly.
escapingreality

Post by escapingreality »

I would like to think I would be brave and maybe ask it questions. Most likely I'll spring out of the room, leave the house, and move to another state. Any time I think I hear things at night I grab the salt.
kio
Favorite Author: Janet Evanovich
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vermore</a>
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kio.html
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2658

Post by kio »

Harde to say. If it was friendly, I'd probably be less likely to run, but I'd be shaking horribly.
"Books are unique portable magic."-Stephen King
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
DancingSouls
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancingsouls.html

Post by DancingSouls »

Well I'd be somewhat excited to meet/see a ghost, however, after that I'd probably be trying not to have fear. On some of those ghost shows ,they say that fear is what makes the ghost stronger. It would be nice to befriend a friendly ghost, but I don't think it is likely. If the ghost I meet is evil then I'll be running to a church and doing anything to get rid of it. I'll be fine as long as the ghost stays away from me.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

I believe in ghost. I believe some eperiences that i have were ghosts doing stuff. It was all friendly things like changing my radio stations or making my kid toy talk while i am in the other room. to explain the toy was had a button that you had to puch down to activate. it wasnt senstive i checked. my son was 6mo and sleeping. during dinner the toy went off in the middle of the floor with nothing near. same ghost wrote my short friend name at the top of the mirror while she showered and I was at work. I don't know what I would do if I came across an unfriendly ghost. I would and have coexist with a ghost. as for communicating with them you could speak aloud and telling them not to do something, but they may just ignore you
chateau_buoy
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chateau-buoy.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by chateau_buoy »

Well by unfriendly do you mean violent? Because I looooove scary movies and some ghosts in scary movies can hurt you and some can't. But basically whenever I'm watching a scary movie I'm yelling at the TV saying "call a priest!!!!" So that's what I would do. First sign of a haunting and I'm going to the church! Unless I guess it's a friendly ghost, then I would maybe consider communicating with it. But most likely I would freak out and run out of the house screaming.
paigeybabey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigeybabey.html

Post by paigeybabey »

It doesn't matter if the ghost is friendly or not friendly, I would run away and hide. :lol:
Jonos
Currently Reading: The 6th Extinction
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jonos »

I would probably be frozen with fear for a minute. Then I don't know what I would do. If I felt threatened hopefully I would try to defend myself or run away! I would also probably be apprehensive about telling anyone out of fear of them thinking I was crazy or making it up.
MarcedezLee810
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcedezlee810.html

Post by MarcedezLee810 »

I was always taught that the dead can't hurt you and to be more afraid of the living, but naturally of course I would be creeper out but I definitely wouldn't be afraid.
RachaelMarie06273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelmarie06273.html

Post by RachaelMarie06273 »

If I had an encounter with a ghost that was unfriendly in nature, I would ignore the spirit and not let it affect me. Giving attention or feeding into the fear, would only feed the spirit, in my opinion.
An encounter with a friendly ghost, would be an experience to share with someone whom I trust and confide in.

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”