What would you do if you had an encounter like this?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: What would you do if you had an encounter like this?

Post by barb429 »

Honestly, I'm not certain what I would do. I would like to think that I would be logical, nothing much seems to scare me. But the truth is, meeting the unknown may terrify me!
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
TaraCarnes
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taracarnes.html

Post by TaraCarnes »

I would probably try to rationalize the situation, thinking I'm going crazy or that what I saw was a trick of the mind, but when it comes down to it, I would be terrified. I would hope to God it would be a friendly ghost. If not, I honestly have no clue what I'd do. Try to get rid of it, I suppose. I know the first line of a Latin exorcism, but I don't think that would help me exorcise any demons haha.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I hope to never encounter one. I would probably run away and hide.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
MamaBex
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamabex.html

Post by MamaBex »

I'm not really sure what I would do if I ever encountered a ghost. I don't really believe in them but if I would see one I think I'd be interested and a little creeped out. If it ever happened and it was a family member that had passed I know I'd cry. I guess I'd have to be in the shoes to know for sure how I'd react.
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

It would be incredible to react all Supernatural on them if they're really bad but in truth I'd be totally scared and run for my life. Thinking about it, it would be sort of interesting to be like a Ghost Whisperer but that won't happen. In either case, I'm totally happy without any encounter.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
dmole37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dmole37.html

Post by dmole37 »

If it was a friendly ghost I would ask it countless questions about death and the afterlife. If it was an unfriendly ghost I would be scared out of my mind and just be praying it was a nightmare!
Kalianne Ranger
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalianne-ranger.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kalianne Ranger »

I saw a presence which looked like a black cat with green eyes on my bed at night twice, once in London when I was younger and the other time in Switzerland.
I have no idea if it was a ghost or just my imagination. One of the two times, (can't rember which one), I think I was able to stroke the cat presence before he(?) jumped off.

If I encountered another one, ghost or strange presence, I would likely observe it from a distance then maybe cautiously approach it.
Sahar Raman Deep
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-raman-deep.html

Post by Sahar Raman Deep »

If I react, and use my instincts, I shall definitely be in a flight or freeze mode. But if I still remain in my senses after seeing a ghost, I shall be able to befriend it if it is friendly, or try to change him if it is not.
xChella

Post by xChella »

When it comes to the fight or flight instinct, the flight is strong in this one. There only need be the teeniest hint of something creepy happening and I will be so gone (I mean, I immediately think, "DEMONS" if my fan knocks a paper off my desk). I am not a fast or coordinated person either, so if you see me moving quickly and away from something, and ghosts definitely make the list, you should probably come with me.
MitaP
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitap.html

Post by MitaP »

I would probably try to discern if what I was encountering was actually a ghost then I would probably close my eyes and pray and hope that I become invisible to the ghost somehow!
nikidoesjams
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikidoesjams.html

Post by nikidoesjams »

I don't know what I would do! I'd probably be shocked, then I would want to know about them and their history. Who were they? Why are they here?
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

Since I don't believe in ghosts, I would probably be pretty freaked out initially. I think I could get used to the idea of a ghost eventually. It would also depend on how I am encountering the ghost. If the ghost encountered me like it did Charlie in the beginning of the book, I would be pretty weirded out. If they appeared to me or spoke to me, it would probably be less weird, and seem more normal.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
kelly26
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly26.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by kelly26 »

I would probably not befriend a friendly or non friendly ghost. I would probably run away and be sacred. Can never be too carful with Ghosts.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

most ghost encounters are harmless, a lot of houses have them. The stories that we read are typically about the extraordinary ghost experiences, not the common house ghost who spends time moving around small items or causing the temperature to lower. If something like what happened in the book happened to me, you have got to bet i would not be sticking around. I'm a wimp, not a heroine.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
AishaTBN
Currently Reading: The Thousand Nights And One Night
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishatbn.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by AishaTBN »

The idea of seeing is anyways scary. I don't think I would even be able to stand the sight of it and will simply run. Or maybe even faint there itself.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”