What would you do if you had an encounter like this?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
NosilaBenn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nosilabenn.html

Re: What would you do if you had an encounter like this?

Post by NosilaBenn »

I'm honestly not sure what I would do. I've seen too many horror movies to be confident doing anything with the supernatural. I would probably try to get as many other people together to see if they could experience the same thing as me and also to protect myself in case the ghost was not friendly.
Teddie
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddie.html

Post by Teddie »

I would try to befriend the ghost and do some research. It may just be an angel after all trying to help.
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

gali wrote:I don't believe in ghosts, so would be glad to meet one. 8)
I love this response! It's almost like you want to be proven wrong. I agree with gali, that I don't believe in ghosts. Because of that fact I don't think that I would take very well to the ida of meeting a ghost.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I would probably run or hide, anything just to get away from it :) I would be too scared to talk to it like in the movie 'Sixth Sense' or maybe I would faint and wouldn't need to do anything.
BrideOfBooks
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brideofbooks.html

Post by BrideOfBooks »

anneloretrujillo wrote:I've had some ghost experiences. There was one that was terrifying! The others were nice. I wouldn't say I befriended them, but I coexisted. They were just there.
I've had too many experiences to deny it.
I have had faces of passed family members just pop out in front of me, whispers in my ears that scared me under blankets, doors slamming for no reason, water shaking in containers then stop suddenly and ones that just coexist with me. I've even had one that kept tapping a boyfriend at the time and report back to my mother of everything that I did. :?

When I do notice that there is a spirit with me I just make sure I make myself clear. "You are in my home/in my space and if you have a message to pass on to a loved one please let me know. Do not harm any of my family members or friends that enter my home. If you need help crossing over to peace please state so, just don't jump out at me."
After saying that I let it go. There is one older man that comes in every day at the same time, walks upstairs and then silent. same clothes that look like work clothes, same boots. It's odd I know but hey. My home was a rooming house he died in after all.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I like your reference to going "all Sam and Dean on it." However, if it were to ever actually happen, I'd probably be terrified and run.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Post by Paliden »

completely freak out. Especially since I don't believe in them.
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

To have an encounter like the one in the book would truly be scary. Unlike Charlie, the main character, I'd have removed myself from the house. Even though the entity was following her, staying at the house was like playing an unknown brutal sport on the opposing team's turf. It would have been a better idea to leave because the source of the entity's energy was in that house. After finding a way to shield myself from the negative energy, I would have done some major research, just as they did. However, I wouldn't have stuck with one group of 'ghostbusting' professionals, I would have looked into several other avenues. This 'haunting' was an unusual and violent one and the more knowledge and input from experienced people the better.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Christine_B
Currently Reading: Silver Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 1971
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-b.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Christine_B »

I have vision problems and sometimes I think I see things out of the corner of my eye (it's probably just paranoia and bad eyesight) so I have no idea what I would do if I encountered a ghost. Though with me I probably wouldn't even be able to tell that it's a ghost lol.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
jessejaiden94
Currently Reading: shiva and dionysus
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessejaiden94.html

Post by jessejaiden94 »

I think that it is only natural to be fearful of the unknown. I would flee and so would most people on this planet.

But I think there is a real treasure to be found in confronting your fears. I would like to say that I would stick around and have a chat with the ghostie. I would like to say that I wouldn't be scared at all, but I know that's not the truth.

Fleeing from the unknown is a helpful survival instinct, but I think that transcending our instinctual faculties is a way to live a more harmonious life. I would like to be able to do so.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I'm pretty sure my initial reaction would is to run away flailing and screaming. There's no way to I'd be able to feel the ghost and decide if it's friendly or not, I'd freak out right then and there.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

If I met one, assuming it's friendly, I would like to talk to it and maybe make a friend. I think it would be interesting.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

I am first going to get numb with shock. And then if my senses return i will run screaming for life.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

When I was living in India a few years back, I encountered an unfriendly ghost I had to leave the apartment where i was living then.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I don not believe in ghost and I do not want to meet any.

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”