Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
Seliea
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25">Battle Royale</a>
Currently Reading: Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seliea.html

Re: Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Post by Seliea »

In the house we lived in when I was a kid I can still distinctly remember seeing, from the corner of my eye, a white outline that was slightly blurred with the face of a young girl and brown pig tails. I believed in ghosts before then, and probably always will.

-- 27 Jan 2017, 13:56 --

In the house we lived in when I was a kid I can still distinctly remember seeing, from the corner of my eye, a white outline that was slightly blurred with the face of a young girl and brown pig tails. I believed in ghosts before then, and probably always will.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Seliea wrote:In the house we lived in when I was a kid I can still distinctly remember seeing, from the corner of my eye, a white outline that was slightly blurred with the face of a young girl and brown pig tails. I believed in ghosts before then, and probably always will.

-- 27 Jan 2017, 13:56 --

Gave me Goosebumps.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

No I do not believe in ghosts. I believe that we can see or feel the presence of angels or demons. It is obvious which one of those is good and which one is bad. Demons could possibly take on the form of someone that you knew who passed away, and then that could cause someone to think that they are seeing a ghost when they really are not. Angels could also take the form of a loved one, in which case they could be carrying a message from God. Somewhere along the way, I think this whole concept just got misunderstood, but no matter how the idea of ghosts came about, I do not believe that they exist.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Absolutely! I've seen several. ?
gurpreetkaur
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by gurpreetkaur »

Yes, I believe in Ghosts. Friends, I do not know why but I love to read horror stories but don't like horror movies. Sounds crazy! Ya, I always read horror novel or story in one sitting but horror movie, No way. hmmmm. :techie-studyinggray:
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This is one of those subjects for me where it is really difficult to say yes or no. Yes I believe it is a possibility. I have not encountered any circumstances though. However, if they did exist, I do not think they are evil.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Yes, sure. They are souls with unfinished business here on Earth, or those who met with a tragic end (murdered, etc) and are confused about where they're supposed to be. I mean we all are souls in human bodies in this lifetime, once we die we go back to being souls. Ghost are just souls stuck on Earth until they move on.
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I believe in ghosts, I think I've felt a presence before, whether they're real or not it helped me at the time. I'd never want a scary experience with one though and the thought of living in a haunted house gives me the creeps.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I do not believe in ghosts. In spite of that, I absolutely adore ghost stories. whenever I read a ghost story, I just remind myself that this is no more real than Harry Potter and Twilight and that this is just fiction and not reality.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Yes, I believe in ghosts. There are both friendly and unfriendly ghosts.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

Lemme just say that I'm one of the most skeptical person there is. I tend not to believe anything unless t can be scientifically or otherwise proven. But I've seen things happen that can't be explained.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I kind of do believe ghosts, but just not every story I hear about them, if that makes sense. I like to think that "ghosts" of my grandparents are watching over me and my family. Also my dad had an episode while driving, when he just made a turn and heard this voice telling him to turn to bus lane not main lane for some reason (there was visibly a bus on a bus lane, so it would have been easier to just turn to main lane as usual). And the same second he made the turn, some lunatic drove through red light and would he had turned to correct lane, would have smashed through the side he was sitting on without stopping. I still get chills thinking about it.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I believe in ghosts and all forms of elementals. I was raised in a culture that strongly believes in such other worldly creatures, although out term is perhaps a little different. We even have specific rituals for certain types of spirits. For us some spirits are kind, while there are others who are vengeful. But both types always need to be appeased from time to time.
kmkline120
Currently Reading: Tiny Beautiful Things
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmkline120.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by kmkline120 »

I definitely believe that our spirits live on after death. I think our energy and soul go somewhere, but as living humans we may not have the capability to understand it. Maybe we will one day, but I think at this point most stories about ghosts and spirits are hypothetical or fiction. Even if a person thinks the encounters are real, I believe that the mind is an incredibly powerful and potentially misleading thing that we also have so much more to discover about. That being said, since I admit that I do not know the answers, I always find stories about ghosts really interesting. I think it is really cool to think about the possibilities, whether they are good or bad.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I believe in Ghosts. I have heard so many stories and I have had my own share of experience. They are real.

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”