Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
ushamv
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ushamv.html

Re: Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Post by ushamv »

I don't really know. But I have had some spooky encounters like hearing someone play with their toy car at the dead of a night(everybody was sleeping at home) just next to my room. I did not have the guts to open the room. So I cannot really say.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I do believe in ghosts and I believe they can be good or evil. I was always taught ghosts were here because they have some type of unfinished business left on Earth. I think some ghosts are able to manipulate things in our reality but I'm not really sure.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Jsnider
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsnider.html

Post by Jsnider »

I wouldnt necessarily say outright that I believe in ghosts but I dont exactly disbelieve in them either. I feel there are somethings in life that happen to people that are unexplained so I don't totally ignore the possibility but until I can find conclusive evidence I will chose to simply keep an open mind
afendley
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afendley.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch

Post by afendley »

No it is superstition that can be easily explained. Maybe I would change my mind if I had an occurrence though.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
polus2222

Post by polus2222 »

Thank you for sharing this thread. Yes i believe in ghost because i know bout ghost.
Toria Mason
Currently Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toria-mason.html
Latest Review: "The Last Valentine" by Felix Alexander

Post by Toria Mason »

I'm really unsure of this. I think I prefer having a bit of skepticism as I don't like forming firm beliefs on things that I just can't know. But I have felt at times in situations as if there might be. If there are any, I don't think they're anything you'd see in the movies. If there are, I think there would be just as good/bad as with life, as I think their personalities would carry over.
Latest Review: "The Last Valentine" by Felix Alexander
Damon_avi
Currently Reading: Lost spirits
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damon-avi.html

Post by Damon_avi »

I believe in spirits. Well, i believe there are both good and bad and a little grey.. All kinds of spirits in the world.
There are energies.. Around us.
And honestly? I have seen the Haunted on discovery. And i guess if someone has watched that show, well they would become believers! It was so scary, how i watched it only i know :P
kimmiwrites
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmiwrites.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by kimmiwrites »

Yes I do! I've had experiences with them growing up.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Ahoward0977
Currently Reading: Faithless
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahoward0977.html

Post by Ahoward0977 »

I most certainly do! I believe spirits of lost ones often give you signs they are still around you! I have had so many experiences with this situation. Especially after the loss of my mother and father!!
ablume
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ablume.html

Post by ablume »

I don't have a firm belief in if ghosts actually exist, however I know that I don't believe in the evil Halloween type ghost. If ghosts are real I suspect they don't have much power and there would probably be more nice ones then evil in ratio to people that are live.
Ahoward0977
Currently Reading: Faithless
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahoward0977.html

Post by Ahoward0977 »

I don't really believe in evil spirits, only those that have passed and were close to you. I've never experienced anything bad. Just small indications that I think were signs after my loved ones have passed.
Missy04
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missy04.html

Post by Missy04 »

I'm an Indonesian, my father is a Javanese ethnic. Javanese believe that after death, the soul (ghost) stay in this world for a few days before they can continue the journey to the next life. We invite people to pray together and share a box of food to the neighbor. The pray is to ask God to lead the soul to the light in peace. Even when you still alive, your soul can feel unpeaceful and you do bad things because of it or treat people bad because of it, it also can happen after death. That's when the power of pray is needed.
Sway1991
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sway1991.html

Post by Sway1991 »

Because of my Christian views and my systematic study of the Bible I would have to say that I do not believe in ghosts because when a person is dead they're dead. They don't roam the earth like many people believe to take care of finished business. The scriptures say in Ecclesiastes that the dead are conscious of nothing at all. Ecclesiastes 9:5~"For the living know that they will die, butbthe dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten."
amylouer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amylouer.html

Post by amylouer »

I believe that as humans, it is in our make-up to think, assume, believe that we understand everything. That things should be logical. That they should make sense. Even though history over the years has continuously proven us wrong. I don't believe that we know everything...not even close. So I guess I definitely believe that there are things that are real that we can't understand or comprehend. Maybe even see or touch or hear. I guess this could apply to anything- ghosts, God, angels, you name it (maybe not unicorns....).
Orchids47
Currently Reading: The Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017 Can Make You Rich
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orchids47.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Orchids47 »

Absolutely, death is not blackness or the end, we change form and continue on.
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”