Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
epah15
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epah15.html

Re: Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Post by epah15 »

I do believe in ghost.
But by any means I refuse to get tangled up with them.
But reading about them. That different!!??
Littledorrit
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Littledorrit »

I tend to lean to the belief that they are not real but I have an open mind.
yayforbooks

Post by yayforbooks »

One day my sister and I saw a shadow standing between our beds when we were about to go to sleep. I was trying to figure out what it was and then it moved. My sister screamed and my mother came in the room to see what was going on. She called the priest and we went downstairs in the living room. As we were sitting there, the priest, my sister, mother and cousin , we heard a woman's voice say "don't be afraid, I'm not here to harm you" . As I had been adopted and my biological mother was no longer alive everyone assumed it was her checking up on me. If everyone else had not heard it and if my sister had not seen the shadow as well then I would say it was my imagination. It was disconcerting but it helped me believe that there is life after human death.
Brittany Hamilton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-hamilton.html

Post by Brittany Hamilton »

I do believe in ghosts. I think that it is very possible for a person or pet to be attached to something that keeps them around after death. I'm sure that there are vengeful spirits who only want to cause harm. There are probably spirits who are confused and scared. I have had several instances in my life that I just cannot explain. So I am a believer. I like to think that spirits are bad. Maybe they are just trying to tell us what happens after death!
Malone_01

Post by Malone_01 »

I do most definitely believe in ghosts. I have had numerous experiences, some alone and some that were witnessed by other people. It is hard to say just exactly what they are or why they are here. It is a fascinating subject and proves that there is so much more to this world than meets the eye.
Elanor17

Post by Elanor17 »

I definitely believe in ghosts and my kids love to use it against me. They love to have me watch anything that might scare the crap out of me kids got to love them.

There are so many unknowns in the world. Why can't there be supernatural beings?
Who to say that when you get that tingly feeling that someone is watching you that it isn't a ghost.
Judyd3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyd3.html

Post by Judyd3 »

Not sure...I think I might.
anicole87

Post by anicole87 »

TrishaAnn92 wrote:So I am going to tell a story, (it's real, based on an experience as a child).

When I was 4, I was in ICU for 2 weeks with Infantigo, started under my nose, from there made it's way into my blood stream, ultimately shutting down my kidneys, Dr said I had a short time before it would have turned into sepsis.
So sitting in the hospital bed, listening to the beeps and whines of the machines.

According to my parents, I used to see my grandfather, who died just a few short months before I almost lost my life. I would see him standing at the foot of my bed, just staring at me. I think my mom told me, that I had told her, that he had said I would be alright, that it wasn't my time to go yet.

So as creeped out as I was, I do believe in ghosts. I have plenty of other stories but I won't get into them, I could probably write a book. :lol:
I do believe in ghosts. I don't know what they are, exactly, but I do believe. I also believe that I may have had experienced something paranormal when I was a child, but I don't really remember. All I know is, I've believed for as long as I can remember. It's like I can feel it in my soul. :shock2:
chloeisfox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloeisfox.html

Post by chloeisfox »

I do believe in ghosts, and I think like people their personalities can differ from ghost to ghost.
MrsHolland1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsholland1.html

Post by MrsHolland1 »

I believe in spirits and demons.
Book_Wyrm
Currently Reading: The Brendan Voyage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-wyrm.html

Post by Book_Wyrm »

Do you mean do I believe in hosts on a nice sunny afternoon, or do I believe in ghosts at 3 a.m. in the middle of a thunderstorm after I've just finished watching a scary movie or reading a scary book ... ? :wink:
Nesara
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nesara.html

Post by Nesara »

I used to when I was young, like when I was a child. But now I am so busy in my life and office that I don't have time to be scared of ghosts. Why should one worry about ghosts when people around you can simply suck your life out? Sigh! :cry2:
But I have had some weird experiences in my life when I was younger. I lived in a creepy house for 9 months, which was always silent, damp, dark and cold. I used to be scared in that house for no particular reason and often used to get nightmares. Later, my family moved to a better place. Since it never happened again when I grew up, I decided that children believe and experience things because they are innocent. Maybe even because they have a lot of free time to imagine stuff! LOL... :mrgreen2:
Shermac21
Currently Reading: 30 Pieces of Silver
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shermac21.html

Post by Shermac21 »

I believe in ghosts. Have had some good and some creepy experiences that were logically unexplainable. There are so many possibilities out there that you really can't rule anything out.
shibaburt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shibaburt.html

Post by shibaburt »

Yes, I do believe in ghosts. I have had two ghosts encounter, when I was a kid. The first one I was 10, and home alone. I seen a ghost fly on the wall, and it scared me so bad. The second time, I was leaving my house at 6 am in winter, so it was dark outside. I looked into my sisters room, and seen a little girl, about 5 years old with her back to me. She had on pajamas, she had in her left hand a teddy bear, and long hair down her back.
michellet3143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michellet3143.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by michellet3143 »

Do I believe in ghosts? Hmmmm...
I could say I am 75% for ghosts and 25% against ghosts. I like the idea that they may be real and that most of them are good and just chillin watching us. I also love to hear some good ghost stories or go on ghost tours. But at the same time, I have yet to receive proof myself, even when I am on ghost tours, so that is where my 25% against ghosts comes from.

-Michelle
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”