Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
cvega93
Currently Reading: Rescuing America's Democracy From Its Collapsing Morality
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvega93.html

Re: Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Post by cvega93 »

Yes.
I believe in all things spiritual, whether good or bad.
Some may be skeptical, but others, and they know who they are, will tell you otherwise.
There is proof of them, but then there's the proof that can be debunked.
I guess it depends on the situation for most, but for me?
They exist and they choose to show themselves to those who need to see them.
Leparda
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... penwolf</a>
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leparda.html

Post by Leparda »

I have really mixed feelings about ghosts and spirits. When I was little I hated to live in our flat, which had a very heavy and unpleasant aura. Mom told me someone very vicious died there, so I tied the ends. She had some experiences when she was little with relatives who passed away. But on the other hand, I think those unexplained events are just our imagination as we were children. I believe there are ghosts and spirits, but they are not seen and they can't do anything. As to answer if they are good or evil i think it depends who they were as a person.
digits9126
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-digits9126.html

Post by digits9126 »

I'd like to. I'd be really nice to believe that there's something beyond this life, but until I see some real evidence, I have a hard time convincing myself
AbbyScuito1414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyscuito1414.html

Post by AbbyScuito1414 »

Heck yeah I believe in ghosts! When I was younger, my friend and I took an old camera and looked through it around the room. We were curious to see if it was really true that you could see ghosts through cameras, and yes, yes it's true. To this day I can still remember the spirit's face. She sat in the corner of the room, crying with her head in her hands. My friend screamed and ran out of the room, making her raise her head and look at me. Through her tears, she gave me a soft smile, almost as if she was saying it's ok, that's the normal reaction. Then, her body started to fade, and the whisps of her drifted off and dissipated.
PaigeKleinsteuber
Publishing Contest Votes: 29

Post by PaigeKleinsteuber »

I 100% believe in ghosts due to experiences that were very real to me. I think some are good, some are bad. I think believing in them enhances my reading experience, since I have no skepticism toward ghosts.
kirti sharma
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirti-sharma.html

Post by kirti sharma »

funny thing i do...i believe that they are souls with unfinished business still in this world..some are good some are bad and some just here because they have no place to go..some here to guard or protect while some to destroy and kill...all in all yes
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Erik »

I'm quite skeptical of anything remotely supernatural. I do believe that there are natural systems that science has not yet quantified, and in discovering those, there will finally be an explanation for many events that, so far, have been labeled ghostly.
DEELITE703
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deelite703.html
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill

Post by DEELITE703 »

I absolutely believe in ghosts. I have had too many unexplained occurrences in my life not too!!
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bandersnatch »

DEELITE703 wrote:I absolutely believe in ghosts. I have had too many unexplained occurrences in my life not too!!
Really? That's so cool. Could you tell me about some of them? (Unless you'd feel uncomfortable of course)
I really want to believe in anything mysterious, and I kind of do a little, but then I also get skeptic very easily. (I'm a very contradictory person, lol) When I was a little kid, my dad stood in the hallway, wishing me a good night's sleep from the doorway, but I didn't say anything in return because I was seeing this weird face floating in front of him, grinning at me. It scared me to death, but he just thought I wasn't saying anything because I was just tired. I was too scared to even move, but looking back I'm pretty sure my brain just made it up. It was definitely strange though.
I love hearing about other people's experiences though.
bjtown
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bjtown.html

Post by bjtown »

Like many of the people in this thread, I do believe in ghosts. katiesquilts reference to believing in them the same as she believes in bugs and germs is very well said. Just because you cannot see them does not mean they are not real. I have never personally seen a ghost or had a spirit affect me but have heard many close friends and loved ones who have been (and they are not the sort of people to tell fictional stories). With all this being said, I do not believe in the typical ghost wearing a white sheet making noises in your house. I am defiantly going to check out this book.
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html

Post by Bandersnatch »

bjtown wrote:Like many of the people in this thread, I do believe in ghosts. katiesquilts reference to believing in them the same as she believes in bugs and germs is very well said. Just because you cannot see them does not mean they are not real. I have never personally seen a ghost or had a spirit affect me but have heard many close friends and loved ones who have been (and they are not the sort of people to tell fictional stories). With all this being said, I do not believe in the typical ghost wearing a white sheet making noises in your house. I am defiantly going to check out this book.
Well, yes, but we know those tiny bugs and germs exist because we can observe them with microscopes, so we do have physical proof for them. However, I'm not saying ghosts don't exist, either. I really want to believe in the supernatural, actually, and when people tell their stories I never dismiss them. I've heard something similar from my mother's aunt, who says she saw her (and my mom's) grandma. She then passed along a message to grandma's daughter (my grandma), which was really something she should have had no way of knowing.
I really wish I would experience something though. I'm a little strange I guess. I really believe it when people tell things like this, but there's always that little rational voice in my head saying it's just the brain messing with people.
ladyangelica
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyangelica.html

Post by ladyangelica »

I do believe in ghost, I think that we are not the only ones existing in this planet.
I have some you can say "ghost experiences" myself , so yes I believe that they do exist.
Bloody_Pandorica
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bloody-pandorica.html

Post by Bloody_Pandorica »

I believe in spirits. I'm a very spiritual person and I believe that there is life after death. As for where people go I would like to think they go to Heaven, but if they do how are they able to come back to earth to visit us (as for when we feel they are here even though we can't see them)? It's all very confusing to me and I don't have a concrete belief in them.
Lil red

Post by Lil red »

Yes I believe in ghosts I have one or more living in the house I live in now the closing and opening of doors the calling of my name things falling in the other Rooms keys going missing but I'm not afraid I have come to learn to deal with it it's normal to me and my family now .sometimes we make jokes about the ghost .some times our soul dosnt leave earth and go to heaven or elk it stays here trapped for one reason or the other
Cassa+6
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassa-6.html

Post by Cassa+6 »

I believe in ghost based on other people's stories but although some seem freindly I never want to see one

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”