Questions for the Author

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Questions for the Author

Post by gali »

As the author is a member of our site, I thought to open this topic. What would you ask Janet Leigh Green, the author
of "Unspeakable Acts'"?

-- October 2nd, 2016, 6:55 am --

What gave you the idea for the book? How long did it take you to write it?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

gali wrote:As the author is a member of our site, I thought to open this topic. What would you ask Janet Leigh Green, the author
of "Unspeakable Acts'"?

I love all things horror! I started watching old B horror movies by myself when I was 10. My Mom used to tell me not to come crying to her when the nightmares started. The nightmares never came, but my love of horror grew. The idea for this book came from a noise I kept hearing at my day job, I firmly believe there is a ghost in the building. The noise is just, 'click, click' over and over. So this book started with a 'click, click'. Also, I'm in love with Dean Winchester, so there you have it!

It took me about 4 months to write Unspeakable Acts, it just flowed. The second one had been in the works for 3 months and should be out before year end.
gali

Post by gali »

Janetleighgreen wrote:
gali wrote:As the author is a member of our site, I thought to open this topic. What would you ask Janet Leigh Green, the author
of "Unspeakable Acts'"?

I love all things horror! I started watching old B horror movies by myself when I was 10. My Mom used to tell me not to come crying to her when the nightmares started. The nightmares never came, but my love of horror grew. The idea for this book came from a noise I kept hearing at my day job, I firmly believe there is a ghost in the building. The noise is just, 'click, click' over and over. So this book started with a 'click, click'. Also, I'm in love with Dean Winchester, so there you have it!

It took me about 4 months to write Unspeakable Acts, it just flowed. The second one had been in the works for 3 months and should be out before year end.
Thank you. :)

Good luck with both books!
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Janetleighgreen

Thank you Gali! ?
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

I'm not much of a horror fan, and usually need to cuddle up to a 'so cheerful it could cure an illness' Disney movie after I watch/read anything scary. Did you ever have moments when you were writing that it got too dark or effected you too much? If so, what did you do to clear the air?
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
Janetleighgreen

Lauren M wrote:I'm not much of a horror fan, and usually need to cuddle up to a 'so cheerful it could cure an illness' Disney movie after I watch/read anything scary. Did you ever have moments when you were writing that it got too dark or effected you too much? If so, what did you do to clear the air?
Absolutely! I had moments, particularity when writing the sexual scenes with the ghost or the scenes when Marta was hurting animals where I had to stop and move away from the book and go pray. I told my husband on several occasions, "I need to say a prayer now!"

I too cuddle up with a funny movie sometimes. ?
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html

Post by Lauren M »

Janetleighgreen wrote:
Lauren M wrote:I'm not much of a horror fan, and usually need to cuddle up to a 'so cheerful it could cure an illness' Disney movie after I watch/read anything scary. Did you ever have moments when you were writing that it got too dark or effected you too much? If so, what did you do to clear the air?
Absolutely! I had moments, particularity when writing the sexual scenes with the ghost or the scenes when Marta was hurting animals where I had to stop and move away from the book and go pray. I told my husband on several occasions, "I need to say a prayer now!"

I too cuddle up with a funny movie sometimes. ?

Lol, Thanks for answering!
Janetleighgreen

You are welcome! Thanks for the question!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

How far are planning on taking this series? Will it be just the next read or will there be others?
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Janetleighgreen

hsimone wrote:How far are planning on taking this series? Will it be just the next read or will there be others?
I have 3 planned so far, but a forth is trying to take root. Ha. The third book is already floating around in my head and I've already introduced some of the characters in the second book. I will let the series go on as long as the ideas keep coming and folks aren't tired of it. The good thing about a supernatural investigation agency is that anything goes and there is always another case!
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Janetleighgreen wrote:
hsimone wrote:How far are planning on taking this series? Will it be just the next read or will there be others?
I have 3 planned so far, but a forth is trying to take root. Ha. The third book is already floating around in my head and I've already introduced some of the characters in the second book. I will let the series go on as long as the ideas keep coming and folks aren't tired of it. The good thing about a supernatural investigation agency is that anything goes and there is always another case!
Thank you for your answer! I love the idea of continuing as long as the ideas keep coming. I absolutely agree that anything goes in a supernatural investigation agency. Almost completely different, but the investigating supernatural activity reminds of this Disney show that I used to love, So Weird. :lol:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

Can you give us a hint about the second book? What is it about?
A retired Admin/Mod

Janetleighgreen

gali wrote:Can you give us a hint about the second book? What is it about?
It's called Despicable Witch and it's based in New Orleans. There is a coven there who has been taken over by a witch who is evil and one of the witches hires the McQueen Investigation Agency to help get rid of her. Doug, Scott, Charlie & Sheila are all back as well as a couple other characters you may remember. There are twists and turns and more ghosts and ghouls! And yes, I love The Originals too, but this isn't really influenced by that at least not consciously. I am working hard to get it out to you guys! I hope you like it!
gali

Post by gali »

Janetleighgreen wrote:
gali wrote:Can you give us a hint about the second book? What is it about?
It's called Despicable Witch and it's based in New Orleans. There is a coven there who has been taken over by a witch who is evil and one of the witches hires the McQueen Investigation Agency to help get rid of her. Doug, Scott, Charlie & Sheila are all back as well as a couple other characters you may remember. There are twists and turns and more ghosts and ghouls! And yes, I love The Originals too, but this isn't really influenced by that at least not consciously. I am working hard to get it out to you guys! I hope you like it!
Sounds good! I love witch stories! Good luck! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Janetleighgreen

Thank you!

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”