Which chapter scared you the most?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Which chapter scared you the most?

Post by Utpal K Khot »

Which particular part /page number/s/ chapter scared you the most in this book. Why?
Be honest!?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I don't have the book in front of me, but I think the last chapter (when facing the ghost behind it all) was the scariest, The scene with the knife and all sure was chilling.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

The beginning in general was the scariest for me, not a particular chapter. After the first few chapters lost it's horror vibe and was just an awesome thriller! The ending I thought was the best! It was action packed and had me gripping the book with white knuckles. Lol.
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

Wow..That's interesting.. :)
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

TrishaAnn92 wrote:The beginning in general was the scariest for me, not a particular chapter. After the first few chapters lost it's horror vibe and was just an awesome thriller! The ending I thought was the best! It was action packed and had me gripping the book with white knuckles. Lol.
Nice! Thank you! That was the goal!
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

I agree with TrishaAnn92, the beginning was just all over freaky to me. I'm not a ghost person, but once I was pulled into the story I couldn't stop.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
Janetleighgreen

Lauren M wrote:I agree with TrishaAnn92, the beginning was just all over freaky to me. I'm not a ghost person, but once I was pulled into the story I couldn't stop.
Thank you! I take it as a huge compliment that you were pulled in even though you don't really like the genre!
batkinson6490
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-batkinson6490.html
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by batkinson6490 »

The part about finding the hidden rooms spooked me! I have been remodeling my home and we found a little hidden area in our house behind a wall we took down so it hit close to home for me! I can't imagine finding any other hidden areas in my house. Hopefully the rest of our remodel goes smoothly!
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times when one only remembers to turn on the light."
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
Janetleighgreen

batkinson6490 wrote:The part about finding the hidden rooms spooked me! I have been remodeling my home and we found a little hidden area in our house behind a wall we took down so it hit close to home for me! I can't imagine finding any other hidden areas in my house. Hopefully the rest of our remodel goes smoothly!
Creepy houses have always been a big draw for me so it was natural for me to go there. Lol!
I'm glad it had the desired effect for you ??
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Fear? Me? Never. 8-)

The ending was very climatic, though.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Janetleighgreen

Scott wrote:Fear? Me? Never. 8-)

The ending was very climatic, though.
Can you guess which ending will stay in the book?
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

The last chapter was definitely the scariest. Going into it, I wasn't sure if this would be an "happily ever after" story or not. I was scared to death that Charlie would be taken permanently to the past. I was so glad that she conquered Martha, with the help of the others, of course.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

I think the scariest part about the book was finding out about how Jay had been possessed by Amos for years and that was the reason why Charlie ended up in Leigh and in the house. Ghost possession is scary enough, but for Charlie, she just assumed that Jay was an abusive person. If she had never started having the encounters, she may never have found out that the person she lived with for years was actually a good person.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Rachel1019 wrote:I think the scariest part about the book was finding out about how Jay had been possessed by Amos for years and that was the reason why Charlie ended up in Leigh and in the house. Ghost possession is scary enough, but for Charlie, she just assumed that Jay was an abusive person. If she had never started having the encounters, she may never have found out that the person she lived with for years was actually a good person.
I hadn't thought about that aspect. It was good to see that Jay wasn't a bad guy but the possession by Amos is far more significant than I was originally thinking. It was truly pivotal to the group figuring out what was happening.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Janetleighgreen

CatInTheHat wrote:
Rachel1019 wrote:I think the scariest part about the book was finding out about how Jay had been possessed by Amos for years and that was the reason why Charlie ended up in Leigh and in the house. Ghost possession is scary enough, but for Charlie, she just assumed that Jay was an abusive person. If she had never started having the encounters, she may never have found out that the person she lived with for years was actually a good person.
I hadn't thought about that aspect. It was good to see that Jay wasn't a bad guy but the possession by Amos is far more significant than I was originally thinking. It was truly pivotal to the group figuring out what was happening.
You guys are so smart! ?

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”