Contest for Unspeakable Acts Discussion-- Two $25 Gift Cards

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
Scott
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 19
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 2660

Contest for Unspeakable Acts Discussion-- Two $25 Gift Cards

Post by Scott »

Two prizes are up for grabs!

Prize 1-- The author of the topic in the Unspeakable Acts Forum that gets the most unique replies by the end of October wins a $25 Amazon Gift Card. :D

Prize 2-- Whoever posts the most combined replies in October on other people's topics overall in the Unspeakable Acts forum wins a $25.

Very short topics and posts will not be counted. Off-topic or meaningless or 'fluffy' posts will be deleted by the moderators.

For Prize 1, "unique replies" means replies by different people, not the same person. So, for example, if one person posts four replies on one of your topics, that counts as only one.

I am not eligible to win (since it's my own contest).

If you have any questions let me know.

If there are lots and lots of good topics and replies, I will add additional runner-up prizes. :)

Remember, it's meant to be fun! :D

---
View Unspeakable Acts on Bookshelves
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Samira18
Favorite Author: Linda Lafferty
Currently Reading: The Picture of Dorian Grey
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O
fav_author_id: 8367

Post by Samira18 »

I can't wait to read this book, the reviews about it on Goodreads were phenomenal. I heard that it was based on a true story, incredibly terrifying and sad. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy

Nancypope67
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nancypope67 »

I'm about to start reading. Be back a little later and let you know how it was :) happy one'th of the month!

Demifiend

Post by Demifiend »

Yeah, I have a particular question, when you said the user's thread with the most unique replies, what did you meant?, the thread with the most replies or a thread with the most quality posts but not the one with the most?, I wanna clarify that.

I'm excited about this, got the book digital, I'll give it a good read.

Sullyfun

Post by Sullyfun »

This book looks incredibly creepy...just my style. I am excited for this opportunity to win this book...and gift certificates are always a bonus. Yay!
I checked out Janet Leigh Green's website and the lady sure knows how to pull in her readers. I wonder if her Mrs. Foster ever realized what a huge influence she had on a young reader.
If I win, Unspeakable Acts is going straight to the top of my TBR stack. I wonder if Book 2 will be a tie-in...

FebrinaRon

Post by FebrinaRon »

Totally shocking!!!
Great horror story. It is very intense and captivating, all at once. What makes it incredibly more real is the attitude of McQueen. Janet Leight is a master who managed to create an atmosphere of suspense and terror such that in my mind I was only able to hear a mysterious voice narrating each of the events. I can group this author, in the same category with King and Poe.

FebrinaRon

Post by FebrinaRon »

Hurry guys.. read it quickly.. It is totally shocking!

Samira18
Favorite Author: Linda Lafferty
Currently Reading: The Picture of Dorian Grey
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O
fav_author_id: 8367

Post by Samira18 »

Nancypope67 wrote:I'm about to start reading. Be back a little later and let you know how it was :) happy one'th of the month!
Do u know where a copy can be purchased?

karatheredhead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 996
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karatheredhead.html
Reading Device: B00B8A43CC

Post by karatheredhead »

Samira18 wrote:
Do u know where a copy can be purchased?
Here's the link to purchase it: https://www.amazon.com/Unspeakable-Acts ... 01I0YD5WW/

joanofarc2015
2017 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Currently Reading: War and Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanofarc2015.html
Latest Review: "Philia and Sophia : The book of love and wisdom" by nikitha hingad

Post by joanofarc2015 »

cant wait to find time to read this :)
Latest Review: "Philia and Sophia : The book of love and wisdom" by nikitha hingad

Scott
Site Admin
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 19
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
2017 Reading Goal: 36
Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 2660

Post by Scott »

Demifiend wrote:Yeah, I have a particular question, when you said the user's thread with the most unique replies, what did you meant?, the thread with the most replies or a thread with the most quality posts but not the one with the most?, I wanna clarify that.

I'm excited about this, got the book digital, I'll give it a good read.
@Demifiend By unique replies, I mean replies by different people. In other words, it will be a measure of how many different people replies. In yet other words, it means that if one person replies multiple times all those replies from that one person will count only once.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

mratdegraff91
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 42
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Pyxis
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

I just recently started reading this so I will be posting more after I finish. Thanks for the chance to win a prize! I have it on my Kindle and what I have read so far is superb.
Madison Degraffenreid

Janetleighgreen
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Find Her
Bookshelf Size: 199
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thank you all so much! I had so much fun writing this book. It was my first shot at writing anything like this and it was a wild ride for sure. I am learning more and more every day. I am so happy you guys like my book! Book-2, Despicable Witch, is on the way and Unspeakable Acts is going through a second edit to get out the kinks, just an FYI there. Enjoy!!!

klbradley
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 98
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 390
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: Celeste by Penelope Moon
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by klbradley »

Janetleighgreen wrote:Thank you all so much! I had so much fun writing this book. It was my first shot at writing anything like this and it was a wild ride for sure. I am learning more and more every day. I am so happy you guys like my book! Book-2, Despicable Witch, is on the way and Unspeakable Acts is going through a second edit to get out the kinks, just an FYI there. Enjoy!!!
No doubt in my mind that you will do great things with your writing! I look forward to reading the next book!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Janetleighgreen
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Find Her
Bookshelf Size: 199
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thank you! I'm working hard! I love it!?

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”