Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Discuss the October 2016 Book of the Month, Unspeakable Acts by Janet Leigh Green.
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Re: Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I have read stories about ghosts but I can't say I believe in them.
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I have read stories about ghosts but I can't say I believe in them.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

HeatherSanders wrote: 05 Jan 2017, 21:15 I do believe in ghost. We had a ghost in the house I grew up in. They liked to empty dressers. We could sit on the couch and watch shadows go up and down the stairs then they would dump things out. Thanfully Mom and Dad saw it with their own eyes......we may have blamed the ghost a few times when it wasn't them!
This is really scary! I was really thinking ghost stories are just a myth. I hear a lot of them but I have never seen one, so I don't know whether to believe they exist or not. Among all these posts, yours is the scariest!
Cash-Centered Creep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cash-centered-creep.html
Latest Review: Kill Fannie Mae by Frank Latell

Post by Cash-Centered Creep »

L_Therese wrote: 02 Oct 2016, 08:49 There are a lot of different opinions about what ghosts are and how they interact with living people. This book is predicated on the idea that they are real and can cause an effect for a living person. Do you believe in ghosts or spirits? Are they good or evil? How do they affect corporeal reality? If you don't believe, did this affect your enjoyment of the book?
I'm agnostic on this. I personally have never had an experience with anything paranormal, but know people who are in no way maladjusted who sincerely affirm that they have had such an encounter. I am inclined to doubt it, but would not rule out the possibility - a true fence-sitter on this issue.
angiejack456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiejack456.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler

Post by angiejack456 »

TrishaAnn92 wrote: 02 Oct 2016, 11:04 So I am going to tell a story, (it's real, based on an experience as a child).

When I was 4, I was in ICU for 2 weeks with Infantigo, started under my nose, from there made it's way into my blood stream, ultimately shutting down my kidneys, Dr said I had a short time before it would have turned into sepsis.
So sitting in the hospital bed, listening to the beeps and whines of the machines.

According to my parents, I used to see my grandfather, who died just a few short months before I almost lost my life. I would see him standing at the foot of my bed, just staring at me. I think my mom told me, that I had told her, that he had said I would be alright, that it wasn't my time to go yet.

So as creeped out as I was, I do believe in ghosts. I have plenty of other stories but I won't get into them, I could probably write a book. :lol:

I think this a beautiful story. I truly believe that our ancestors that have passed are watching out for us. I think they are our guardian angels.
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Why are people so easily fooled by the pseudoscience regarding ghost hutning and the paranormal?

1) Makes for good stories.
2) Yearning to believe in life after death.
3) Thinking ‘connecting’ with the supernatural makes you special.

The mind is easily tricked and people are, generally speaking, gullible by nature.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I'm neutral towards them -- they might exist, but until I see one I'm not inclined to completely believe in them.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I don't believe in ghosts. I believe that it is easier for people to explain unknown phenomena by attributing them to supernatural beings.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

Hmmm ... I am already scared by some comments. I do not know if I believe in ghost. I just don't want to think weather or not they exist. If they do exist I really don't want to have an encounter with any. I only read about them in books and see them in movies. I just read the book ignoring their existence.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

There are stories and programs on ghost appearances that are based on true life events and I would hate to go against this beliefs and sightings having seen one myself.
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I don't believe in ghosts which did impact my enjoyment of the book, I struggle to love it when I don't find it very realistic.
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

Never had an encounter so i don't believe in ghost but i love ghost stories.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I believe in the existence of spirit beings. U don't believe they are humans who have died though.

Return to “"Unspeakable Acts" by Janet Leigh Green”