Hello by Katerina

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Rousaki
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B07BTS6C2J

Hello by Katerina

Post by Rousaki »

Hi all , I'm Katerina and I joined yesterday and I'm still trying to figure my way in here. I'm currently trying to figure out how to join a review team so that I can download books that need to be reviewed for free. Any suggestions are welcome.
Many thanks
Dr KAT ... .:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Please read this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Rousaki

Post by Rousaki »

Thank you for the link. I read this page last night. I observed that you need to be an author and submit your book to be reviewed. I do not have a book that needs to be reviewed. The only books I ever wrote is my masters thesis and my phd thesis. I would like to ask you if it would be possible to be a reviewer for the books of others and how would I be able to do that? Is there a link to follow ? Or a form to submit?
Thanks
KAT ... .:
gali

Post by gali »

Rousaki wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 08:25 Thank you for the link. I read this page last night. I observed that you need to be an author and submit your book to be reviewed. I do not have a book that needs to be reviewed. The only books I ever wrote is my masters thesis and my phd thesis. I would like to ask you if it would be possible to be a reviewer for the books of others and how would I be able to do that? Is there a link to follow ? Or a form to submit?
Thanks
KAT ... .:
You don't need to be an author to be a reviewer. You need to join the Review Team. The FAQ and that link explain about that.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Rousaki

Post by Rousaki »

Yes I have understood that I need to join the review team but the FAQs answer questions related to authors and I'm not one. Do I need to pay the money requested for an author as mentioned in the FAQs in order to join a review team? Can you provide a direct link about joining a team that has one link and clear instructions on how to join a review team ? Thanks
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Rousaki wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 00:32 Yes I have understood that I need to join the review team but the FAQs answer questions related to authors and I'm not one. Do I need to pay the money requested for an author as mentioned in the FAQs in order to join a review team? Can you provide a direct link about joining a team that has one link and clear instructions on how to join a review team ? Thanks
Welcome!

You CANNOT sign up as an author and also be a reviewer.

Did you mistakenly sign up as an author? If so, you need to indicate that you are not an author before you can sign up for the Review Team. You should be able to do this on the contact form.

As for how to join, the very first section of the FAQs explains how and guides you in joining the Review Team. Further info is available in the thread gali linked to.

Please note that all the information necessary for joining the Review Team is available either in that thread, or behind one of the links provided there.

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Rousaki

Post by Rousaki »

I signed up as an author and the FAQ options that it gives me are all related to authors . Is it possible to correct this via this account or do I need to close this account and make a new one?
Rousaki

Post by Rousaki »

As for the contact form I cannot find it in FAQ s as it only gives me author related issues for resolution
gali

Post by gali »

Rousaki wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 13:01 I signed up as an author and the FAQ options that it gives me are all related to authors . Is it possible to correct this via this account or do I need to close this account and make a new one?
No need to open a new account. You should report it via your Author dashboard or the Contact Page.
A retired Admin/Mod

rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Welcome to the forums, Katerina! I hope you get your account sorted out soon. :D

Enjoy your time on the site! :library: :occasion-santa:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8

Return to “Introductions”