Introduction

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
clarisa1985
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clarisa1985.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Icon Introduction

Post by clarisa1985 »

I have had a love of reading since childhood. My mother dreaded telling me to clean my room because she knew, once I got to the bookshelf, I would spend hours reading each book as I put them away. I love all kinds of literature. Whether it’s an adventure with Jason Bourne or Dirk Pitt or a self help book about staying on a diet, maybe a children’s book or even an autobiography; I love to read, and if it entices me, I won’t stop reading until I have to.

I stopped reading for several years, and honestly they were some of the more depressing years of my adult life. Perhaps I wasn’t reading because I was depressed, but either way I’m sure the two were related. I find that when I pick up a book that grabs me, I desire to take it with me everywhere, and read it every chance I get. Even if I only have a couple of minutes between tasks or waiting in the Doctor’s office, I’m taking every chance to crack the cover again and again.

Joining a book club was the most logical thing I could think to do at this point. I downloaded a jogging app and joined their community because I enjoyed jogging in the past. I started purchasing make up again because before my marriage and children I enjoyed looking nice. Finally, I downloaded a library app and joined a book club. I will say goodbye to the depression by doing more things I enjoy. This chapter of my life is going to have a little more me in it.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Please read this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”