Hi there!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
hrf123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Hi there!

Post by hrf123 »

Hi! I'm new here as of today. I don't know what all this is about, but I got here anyway. First off, I love reading. I have many favorite books, but I have to say my favorite of all time is The Rapture of Caanan by Sheri Reynolds. I read it forever ago, but when I read it I read it like 4 times. It's about a religious society that has very interesting characters. I love stories that have different Utopian societies especially if they are futuristic and could actually become real. I love stories about things that are not real too such as vampires, werewolves, aliens, fairies, and made up creatures with weird names. If you can dream it or imagine it, I love it! Survival stories are also a hit for me. Whether the books teach me how to survive or tell me about someone else's survival. It can be fiction or non-fiction. I really enjoy very deep books that play on relationships and human emotions such as Toni Morrison's Beloved and the House of Sand and Fog by an author I cannot recall, as well as books that have less than expected endings. Not only do I read, but I also like to write occasionally. My grammar and punctuation is not great so I don't feel comfortable doing it for a living. Yet I struggle with several ideas swimming around in my head on a daily basis. It also may be interesting to note, that I am 36 years old and I still enjoy reading books out of the teen section in my public library. Lately I have read the first series of Shadow Hunter books by Cassandra Clare. I enjoy the television show as well. Goodbye and Happy Reading or Writing!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomeconfetti:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”