Introduction-britt

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Bdubya313
Bookshelf Size: 0

Introduction-britt

Post by Bdubya313 »

Hello everyone! I am very excited to join your community.
I am an avid reader and lover of Podcasts. I live in a smallish town in Indiana with my fiancee our four dogs. To be honest I am most thrilled for intelligent conversation that doesn't center around the current political climate. I recently tried to start a book club as a Facebook group as a distraction but it never really took off. I thought Portrait of Dorian Gray would be a good launch book. It is interesting and dripping with book club discussion fodder. I deactivated my Facebook today and was trying to find an alternate book club online when I stumbled upon this site. It seems like a great place to discuss books and get recommendations. I am excited to truly explore the forums.
I am on a bit of a crime novel/ true crime podcast kick. I have recently been reading quite a bit of T.R. Ragan. Currently, I am on the second novel in her Faith MCMann Series, Wrath. The series follows Faith McMann as she tries to save her children from human trafficking after witnessing her husband killed and barely surviving the ordeal herself. No spoilers, that is all on the jacket :) It has been an emotional roller coaster, particularly when they discuss the all too real horrors of the rise of human trafficking business in the United States.
I also enjoy reading Sci-Fi ( Ray Bradbury :drool: ), Horror, Philosophy, and while at 27 I can't seem to outgrow my fondness of a good YA fiction novel I really love dark novels such as the works of Chuck Palahniuk.
My most frequented podcasts at the moment are: Last Podcast on the Left, Serial Killers, My Favorite Murder (ssdgm!), Ridiculous History, Our Fake History, Hilarious World of Depression, and WTF with Marc Maron.
I also enjoy comic books/graphic novels. I Hate Fairyland, Plastic, and Squirrel Girl are some of my favorites.
I would love to hear some of your recommendations! Happy reading :)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”